*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992596-Fire-and-Ice
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#992596 added September 6, 2020 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
Fire and Ice
It was so smoky this morning when I woke at 4 AM. Like I shared before, I can't sleep at night. I tossed and turned all night. When I got up at 4 AM, I looked outside. It looked like San Francisco when the fog rolls in. Smoke from the BobCat fire made its way to Roundup overnight. My house smelled like a smokehouse. But at least the wind had died down. Thank God for that.

Everyone on Facebook was whining and crying and complaining about the forest service and the firefighters and law enforcement. Then later today I saw warnings to everyone to keep their drones out of the way.

I copy from Facebook:
Drone incursions into airspace around active wildfires are on the rise. Firefighting aircraft, including leadplanes, helicopters, and airtankers dropping water and retardant, are flying in fast-moving, dangerous conditions as low as 150 feet above the ground, which is the same altitude drones fly. When you fly, we can’t! No photo or video is worth the safety risk. For the safety of all emergency responders and yourself during the BobCat Fire or near any wildland fire, leave your drone at home.

So now in the age of digital media everyone wants to be the next big name in news. Get that shot, no matter what. I like the shot my friend and artist Troy Evans got. Now that is art and skill.

The rest of the day the temperature gradually dropped from the high of yesterday's 100 degrees. It is supposed to be colder tomorrow, possibly rain into snow. *snow* Yes, folks, you read that right. Snow. Probably in the higher elevations in Glacier and Yellowstone, but you never know. It is 2020 after all. All bets are off.

I think the Earth has taken a turn off its axis and is heading off into the great unknown. That is the plot of a great SyFy novel and I'm sure it's been written dozens of times. And now we're living it. What a great opportunity for all of us to write about this year. Will we ever get another chance to write about such insanity again? I hope not.......

(Click on the picture for details.)
 ~ The BobCat fire in Roundup. Taken from Ambush Road at 5:30 PM by Troy Evans, Blockhorse Designs, 9/5/20.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992596-Fire-and-Ice