*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992407-Big-Fire--Big-Money
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#992407 added September 4, 2020 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
Big Fire = Big Money
Well folks - this is what I have found out. There is a new boss in town. The fire has increased in size. The Bobcat fire is now estimated to be over 25,000 acres. Many people are evacuated. The Incident Commanding Team is now set up in the County Fairgrounds.

So as you probably have gathered by now I am a nosy sort of person. I need to know what is happening. I rode the bike down to the fairgrounds after our stint at the Museum. And sure enough, there is a big contingent at the fairgrounds. Yesterday, it was deserted. Today at 5:30, it is a small city.

There is evidently big money in a big fire.*Fire* I saw a semi for catering. I saw a semi of ice. I saw a semi for hand-washing. I saw a semi for showers. I saw a semi unloading water. There were two big tents with chairs. There were small backpacking size tents set up under the huge cottonwood trees. The fairgrounds is right on the banks of the Musselshell River. It is a wonderful location with huge, shady trees.*Tree* Then as I rode a little further, I saw stacks of large coolers, case upon case of food. Amazing show of resources.

Earlier today I took some produce*Tomato* *Lettuce* over to the Catholic Church *Cross2* basement. Again, quite a show of generosity. In the foyer of the church were dozens of cases of water, gatorade, and other drinks, chips, and then in the basement in their industrial size kitchen, an amazing selection of snacks and chips. All these items were donations from the community. But they were going to wrap up their volunteer efforts with the ramping up of the fairground.

I talked to my friend that works with the Red Cross in town. They are working to house the evacuated families. Seems with the Covid-19 restraints, they cannot do a common shelter for all, they have to put everyone in motels. We only have 3 small ones in town and they are now full. So we have to now turn to some in Billings. Inconvenient as that is 50 miles away. Stupid virus. Annoying rules. We are all so ready for this nonsense to be over.

So the museum had 4 visitors. The season will last there for another few weeks. Then it shuts down for the year. While we were volunteering, our handyman finished the woodwork in our remodeling project. FINALLY! Then we moved ceiling fans. One from that room to another room and vice versa. Then hubby will varnish the woodwork, we will assemble the closet inset, move the bed in, put the curtains up, and maybe get in the room BEFORE it gets cold. OOPS - too late. SNOW IS FORECAST FOR MONDAY!!!!! *Snow2*

Oh great, the fire siren is going off. What does this mean? Perhaps this is a medical emergency. I pray not another fire somewhere else.

So pray for us. There is a red flag warning for tomorrow. 100 degrees, high winds, fire weather. It doesn't look good.


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992407-Big-Fire--Big-Money