Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1703013
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 7, 2008 at 12:41am
Tamara
by M. R. K
Hey all. Not sure how many of you have heard of this under the radar horror film, (written by the same guy who did Final Destination), but if you're looking for an hour and a half that's not QUITE a waste, pick up this interesting revenge tale.

The basic plot: Tamara is a highschool girl that likes to play with witchcraft in her free time. Picked on by everyone and dubbed the social outcast, Tamara eventually becomes part of a group prank that ends up with her dead. After the standard argument of what to do with the body, the group of one dimensional teenagers bury the body and hope no one finds it. But Tamara doesn't stay dead. She's a witch after all, and through a circumstance which I actually found to be pretty creative, she returns from the dead as a smokin vixen and takes venegeance on the group, using an assortment of nifty spells.

The Good: Aside from some creative ideas and one or two cool special effects, perhaps the best thing about the film is the character of Tamara herself. You really can feel a connection with her throughout the whole of the film, and I found some scenes to be utterly heartbreaking. Her vengeance isn't all that farfetched either. Don't know about the rest of you, but I was picked on now and then growing up, and if I had the powers that Tamara has, who knows what I would have done with them (muah ha ha ha...yeah).

The Bad: Despite a few good performances, most of the acting was run of the mill garbage, especially the lead jock who I felt so frustrated by I can't even remember his name. I read an article on this film, an interview with the writer, and found that, for various reasons, much of the original script was cut down into what was filmed; it's obvious. The film does definately feel like a watered down version of what it could be, which I found to be greatly dissapointing.

In the end, a film that's worth watching once. It'll probably be towards the bottom of the list of movies that I'd like to own someday, but it's not at all a horrible film.

Your friend from the Abyss,

-Matt

When you look into the Abyss, the Abyss also looks into you

-Nietzsche

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1404674 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1405280 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Tamara · 04-07-08 12:41am
by M. R. K
Re: Tamara · 10-11-10 11:25am
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1703013