*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2527036
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 24, 2013 at 6:25pm
MAY 24 ENTRY: Craziness. Crazy memories, crazy videos, crazy people you've met, crazy ideas – the list goes on. Write whatever you want about it!

This prompt brought a smile to my face. How apt for a Funny Friday!

The craziest person I have met till date (probably forever) is my best friend Tim. He isn't just crazy, he's crazy awesome! The goofiest person ever! I even nicknamed him "Goofy" because that was the first word which came to my mind when I thought of him.

We met in high school, the new one that I transferred to in junior year. He was the first friend that I made and we remain best buddies even now. I was new to that school and obviously, a bit of an outcast. But Tim started hanging out with me and I am glad because I used to be quite lonely. Other people didn't really appreciate his crazy side, they wanted him to make sense. But that was the part that I liked about him the most. The most wacky ideas, jokes, one-liners and his special, pronunciations. I hated bad pronunciation being a grammar nazi and he always came up trumps when it came to destroying the beautiful English language. Highlight: panorama was pronounced as 'pun-ore-ma' (it nearly killed me)!

The craziest times I had were with him. One was my 'SEXY 17' party. When my seventeenth birthday came up, I told him that I hadn't had a 16th party, the usual initiation to drinking, parties et al because my uncle had died a day before my birthday. So he planned this party, on my 17th. He invited only 10-15 guys and literally all girls in our class. We had it at his house since his folks were out of town that weekend. Late into it, I found myself pretty drunk, being a novice to the world of intoxication. So he took me out of the house, saying "the air will help", as if he were a seasoned pro!

I have a hazy memory of that walk. I now know that he was pretty inebriated as well. So what do two teenagers, as drunk as fish do out at night? Well we discussed hiring a hooker, going on a road trip to Amsterdam (I think we all know why) , setting fire to our history class and many more ideas that I don't remember. The one we settled in was mooning the occupants of a girls hostel we ended up at. He started singing (sounding like a cat being run over by a lawn mower) and when some girls came to their windows, they were greeted with a crazy scene. One teenager passed out on the ground(me) and another just next to him with his pants down to his ankles!

It wasn't just his crazy antics that made him endearing. He is still filled with crazy zeal, crazy optimism. His crazy jokes, his crazy as hell spirit rubbed off on me a little whenever I was down in the dumps. His craziness kept me afloat. I hope we remain friends, I would really miss the fun if we didn't.

Off-topic: Fivesixer where are you man? Haven't seen you around?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Crazy · 05-24-13 6:25pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Crazy · 05-25-13 12:10pm
by Fivesixer
Re: Crazy · 05-26-13 3:06am
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Crazy · 05-26-13 4:58pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Crazy · 05-28-13 6:22am
by Jack-check out 7YS

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2527036