*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2875259
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(672)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 9, 2015 at 8:08am
Hello, allow me to introduce myself...
by berniev
Hi,

My name is Bernadette (that's my middle name). You can call me Bernie!
I'm new here (obviously) and wildly overwhelmed!

I love reading stories with a supernatural element, and graphic novels (currently reading Bryan Lee O'Malley's "Seconds") but it was Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" series waaaaaaay back in the 90s that got me into that form of story-telling.

Writing was never anything I wanted to pursue as a career -- I just enjoy telling a story and coming up with ideas. I've always said everyone has a story in them; sometimes I have a dozen of them, but can never capture them all down in a coherent and enticing way. I have a hard time finishing something or fleshing it out. Oh sure, I've written short fanfics but the benefit of that is that character development (for the most part) is already established for you, especially when you drop the right story in the right fandom. So perhaps that's why I'm here: I need help finding where my stories and characters need meat, what's missing, and such.

I also love baking! My current project I'm working on involves taking some of my favourite recipes and writing a short little sumptin' sumptin' to go with. It's not necessarily about the recipe; just captures the spirit of it. As per my above point, it allowed me to jot down all the little prompts in my head (via recipes) and start writing. I'm nearly finished one and have started another. I'll let y'all know how that goes and will likely seek advice and feedback along the way.

Anyway, say hello! I'm still clicking my way around this site and haven't read anything yet. As I mentioned, I'm a sucker for the supernatural so I'll likely start there!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hello, allow me to introduce myself... · 09-09-15 8:08am
by berniev
Re: Hello, allow me to introduce myself... · 09-09-15 8:50am
by ~Minja~
Re: Hello, allow me to introduce myself... · 09-09-15 1:47pm
by Matthew Frederick
Re: Hello, allow me to introduce myself... · 09-10-15 8:46pm
by berniev

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2875259