*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3376028
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 8, 2020 at 10:44pm
Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions
Life is my distraction. Anything, everything. Today it was a trip to Red Lodge, near the Beartooth Wilderness, in the foothills of the mountains near a mountain stream, near a babbling brook, met 2 dogs, met Mike and Bill from Alaska, ate supper at the Pelican Cafe in Laurel, saw golden aspen leaves amidst the green evergreens, helped my husband out of his wet clothes when he fell in the creek - lucky for him I had extra clothes on board, drove through little Montana towns no bigger than the road that runs through them, and then drove home listening to NPR. Aaahhhh.......distraction.

Okay, so we are in this little hole in the wall diner. We found it while looking for another restaurant, which is now closed and for sale. So, you walk in, only about 4 or 5 booths, the counter space is full of stuff. Can't sit there. There are seats outside, but we chose inside. No one wearing a mask, no problems. The menu is a book, lots of choices. The waitress is friendly, she knows everyone who calls or walks in, good sign. We order and wait, look around. Hubby says "That seat is a little low." I look, and one seat for the counter area, which as I just mentioned, is a horizontal surface which like most is covered in stuff and now cannot be used for customers, is now on the floor. Yep, just the seat, on the floor. All the other seats are in place, as they should be. This one round seat is just sitting in its appointed place, on the floor. Ha! A little low indeed.

Well supper was fine. Patty melt and a Reuben, homemade fries and cottage cheese, lemonade, all was generous and good and greasy. Real diner food. Wonderful.

So now the distraction is over and back to work. What did I miss while I was gone? Oh wait.........................

Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-08-20 4:21pm
by Shaye
Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-08-20 5:27pm
by Robert Waltz
Re: Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-08-20 5:57pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-08-20 5:40pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-08-20 5:45pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-09-20 1:20am
by Shaye
Re: Re: Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-09-20 7:56pm
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
*Star* Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-08-20 10:44pm
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
Re: Day 8 Discussion: Distractions · 10-09-20 12:32am
by Professor Q

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3376028