*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3439366
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 30, 2021 at 6:44pm
Edited: July 30, 2021 at 6:49pm
Re: Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things
I don't use sports as much just because I find it hard to do anything in there since I'm not as big of a sports person as I used to be. Basketball is maybe the easiest but when putting the volleyball team together I generally went and looked up as much as I could about it, how teams are composed and such. Same with the short couple of chapters where Will becomes Caitlyn Smart. That entire almost throwaway mention about why Willa would be out of town was literally from me doing like an hour's worth of research into how gymnastics at that level typically works, how you progress, etc. Almost too much research for a flavor bit that's ultimately not important.

I'm much more comfortable with the music stuff because I'm big into music and even if I'm not directly featuring it there's a lot of times where I'll pepper in references to stuff I like, especially in chapter titles though it shows up in other things too. The described sounds for things like Sienna's and Jelena's bands come from bands or styles of music that I myself personally like (Sienna's love of punk rock is a bit of self-insertion I'll admit) and the name of Jelena's band comes from one of my favorite Stereolab songs.
MESSAGE THREAD
Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-29-21 6:23pm
by rugal b.
Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-30-21 5:23pm
by Masktrix
*Star* Re: Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-30-21 6:44pm
by rugal b.
Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-31-21 1:11pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-31-21 1:23pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-31-21 1:44pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-31-21 3:17pm
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chelsea Prescott and Other Things · 07-31-21 6:36pm
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3439366