SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3602496
by Lornda
Rated: E · Message Forum · How-To/Advice · #2292893
A place for Newbies to seek advice about reviewing
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 19, 2023 at 2:55pm
Re: New and would like to review... but can't.
by Lornda
*Dollar* 1,000 GPs were sent to Dave Ronnert with this post.
Hi Dave Ronnert ,

Welcome to Writing.Com and thanks for the post! *Smile*

I don't think you're overthinking things. I have to agree with you. It's not easy to review others — it's nerve-racking at best, and I felt the same way when I first joined.

There's nothing wrong with leaving your 'reaction' to a piece of writing here. I think most Author's appreciate knowing how someone reacts to their writing. The technical side of the review isn't easy either, so I wouldn't worry about that side of it. For me, I found the more I reviewed the more I was able to catch those type of 'technical' mishaps, but the easiest thing is to do what you're comfortable with while reviewing. Don't force yourself to review something you don't like. If you want to read longer works, there's plenty of them here. *Wink*

I see you have posted your first item. Nice! You've written an opening chapter, so if you want to review others who write chapters or longer works, I'd say to visit the review pages where Author's are asking for a review. You can even find other novel writer's there, too.

At "Please Review, you'll see all sorts of different postings where the author is specifically asking for what they want you to comment on, and I'm sure you'll find something in your 'wheelhouse'.

Same here at "The Shameless "Plug" Page, if you scroll down the left side you'll be able to see what's a longer short story or a chapter.

You can also post your chapter at either one of these forum too! In the meantime, I will be happy to review your opening chapter, but it might take me a few days. I'll try my best. *Wink*

Thanks again for the post. I'm glad you stopped by, and if you have any questions or comments, feel to post them here or email me. I hope you enjoy the site!

Happy writing!

~Lornda

Keep writing the good stuff! Write on!
MESSAGE THREAD
New and would like to review... but can't. · 11-19-23 4:51am
by Dave Ronnert
*Star* Re: New and would like to review... but can't. · 11-19-23 2:55pm
by Lornda

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lornda.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3602496