*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3649705
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 4, 2024 at 9:56pm
Re: Re: Quotes
I admit I'm intrigued by the statement you made about longer quotes. Is it primarily the length that tips your hand into thinking the writer isn't making the effort to thinkin independently? Are there other factors at play that you can identify? The quote that got me thinking about this was on the longer side, although it was from an interview with leadership at a local art museum. It had to do with differences in philanthropy among different age groups. My guess is this type of quote might be different from what you have in mind.

Oh, don't get me started on misattributed quotes. That has been my pet peeve for over a decade at this point. I actively started posting Snopes links when they were available to counter the misattributions. Such activity was admittedly my gateway into developing a media analysis hobby (which is still going strong even if I've stepped back a little bit from it). And such misattributions/distortions know no ideological bounds, which ironically is something people tend to (accidentally) agree upon, an astounding feat in today's world.

A little texture for Elisa

*Gift3**Gift4* Merit Badge in Family
[Click For More Info]

Thank You For All You Do To Make Writing.Com One Big Family. Your Participation Makes It Great To Be Here. *Gift4**Gift3*
MESSAGE THREAD
Quotes · 05-03-24 9:49pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Quotes · 05-03-24 10:36pm
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
Re: Quotes · 05-03-24 10:42pm
by s
*Star* Re: Re: Quotes · 05-04-24 9:56pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Quotes · 05-03-24 10:49pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Re: Quotes · 05-06-24 5:09pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3649705