*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3654888
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 28, 2024 at 3:18am
Re: Daily Achievement Reminder
by Jeff
+1 from me too.

Personally, I find myself having to click on My Account > Achievements > View History (x4) just to remind myself whether I've done something to count for the achievement that day. Especially if my badges are all out of whack in terms of the current day and streak I'm working on, it's really hard to know if "Current Streak: 2" means that I've already done today's requirement or not.

For me, the most important information is, "Have I done this yet today?", but it's the information that requires us to drill down the furthest to find; past the "Current Streak" and "Longest Streak" info which is a fun detail for sure, but is less helpful for those of us trying to keep track of what needs to be done to maintain that current streak and eventually achieve a new longest streak.

I know there have been a few people who don't want anything to do with these achievements, but for those of us on the other side (who are really proud of them and want to keep them up), I had an idea... a bit of a modification on Annette 's suggestion.

You already have the code for the NaNoCounter, which allows us to add the word count functionality to the left-hand sidebar for those of us who wish to track our word counts in November. Would it be possible to have a similar panel for this purpose? Something we could toggle on or off... and like Annette mentioned, it could be really simple. Maybe even a 4x2 grid with a simple emoji for whether or not we accomplished our Visit, Forum, Newsfeed, and Review for the current day, like this:

V    F    N    R
         *Checkg* *Checkg*    *XR* *XR*

There might be a more elegant solution out there, but I always like the way the NaNoCounter could be activated or hidden at a user's discretion, and the fact that it could potentially be right there in the left-column navigation menu (for those of us who want it)... on every page of the site... that could be a really handy feature for those who are motivated to keep their streaks alive. *Smile*
MESSAGE THREAD
Daily Achievement Reminder · 05-26-24 12:32pm
by Annette
*Star* Re: Daily Achievement Reminder · 05-28-24 3:18am
by Jeff
Re: Re: Daily Achievement Reminder · 05-28-24 9:14am
by JACE

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3654888