*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Pick A Number
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1394999-The-Lineup/cid/504583-Pick-A-Number
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Mystery · #1394999
After witnessing a crime, you're asked to identify the man responsible.
Chapter #1

Pick A Number

    by: Jeff
The lobby of the police station is tiny and crammed with people. Body odor and sweat invade your nostrils as you look through the sea of humanity and notice a detective waving you over. You push through the crowd of people and make your way over.

"Thanks for coming down," the detective says, as he ushers you past the lobby and into the heart of the precinct. "This should only take a couple of minutes."

He leads you into a small room with a large pane of glass looking into another.

Moments later, five men are filed into the room on the other side of the glass.

"Take your time," the detective said. "Do you see the man who robbed the store in there?"

You don't need to take your time.

MAN #1 is too short.

MAN #2 has the wrong tattoos.

MAN #3 has the wrong hair color.

MAN #5 is too young.

But MAN #4... he's the guy. You knew it the minute they filed into the room. You'd never forget that face, as long as you lived.

"Well?" Pressed the detective. "Is he in there?"

You pause, remembering the robber's last words to you.

"Look," the detective said. "The security camera in the store is broken. The clerk filed a report, but we need you to corroborate his story."

You swallow hard... and make your choice.

You have the following choices:

1. No, he's not in there.

2. Yes, it's #4!

3. Yes, it's [anyone but #4]!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1394999-The-Lineup/cid/504583-Pick-A-Number