*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. On Their Own
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1457369-A-Wolfs-Life/cid/566877-On-Their-Own
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Wolfy
Rated: GC · Interactive · Other · #1457369
A story that follows the lives' of some wolf pups. To survive or not too survive
Chapter #1

On Their Own

    by: Wolfy
For the past 4 days they have been traveling. Since they were forced to leave their home from a nasty group of hunters. 4 pups and 2 adults and they look so tired. The pups consist of 2 males and 2 females that have been born at different times just 5 and a half weeks ago.

The first to come in the world was Arkaz, the male; who was fierce and showed his love threw fighting. He my not like it but he dosnt know how to express it any other way, even thou he would protect them with the cost of his own life.

The second to be born was Ir'ene, the female; kind of spunky and smarts to back it up and rather put a smile on everyone's muzzle with her little bro Raven.

The third to be born was Kalam, the female; who is consider the second strongest, next to Arkaz but all her strength goes too her lean built legs so she is the speediest of the ground.

The last one to be born of the litter was Raven, the male; He's weaker then all three of them and is the runt of the pack of everyone. Yet, he is the most playful of the bunch and always kept that goofy wolf grin on his face even on darker times.

The four of them walked on along there parents side but they were too tired so they finally stopped and panted to catch there breath. the mother stopped and looked back at her litter before she looked to her mate. "We need to stop for a bit, the pups are already tired from our travels" she said as she was a little tired herself.

The father looked back at his mate and pups before he walked back at them. "your right... but 'THEY' are still on our tail. If we stop now then they shall surely get them and us..." he spoke sadly. the mother let out a soft whimper as she sat down and turned her head to the ground. "but .. we cant abandoned them...."

The father sighed softly looking in to her eyes for a moment. "you know what this means then...?" "It's our only hope" the mother responded. She slowly got up and turned to the kids, walking over and started nudging them in to a ditch. "kids..." she said as pushed them all together and started to cover them with some grass and leaves. "I want you all to be good and stay here."

The kids looked up in confusion. "but mom ..." called Ir'ene. "what are you gonna do?" she asked sadly. "Mommy is gonna go away with daddy for a bit.. I want you all to stay here and be silent the best you can.... do not come out until--" she was cut off as she heard voices, and the barking of dogs. They were close by.

"Stay here... do not come out for anything.. even when your hungry do not show yourself... be well my pups..." she said giving them all licks before covering them with more forage then turned to leave.

The pups huddle together as they listen to the soft foot steps of there parents leaveing. They listen to mumbling voices of men walking by and close. Raven would let out a whimper but Arkaz pressed his muzzle to the ground, giving the 'do not speak' glare to him.

The men were now walking around, one was standing above them with his fire stick. "Where are you little puppies.. come out come out... we wont hurt you... we just wanna kill you" He said with a sinister tone in his voice. The pups heard foot steps aproch. "Shut up man.... you will scare away the game" the one that came over had said. "Well then, I do not see them so I might as well have fun in tunting" the guy chuckled.

Then a loud voice boomed out. "They have gone this way!" A man yelled and a terrible trembling sound was heard with barking of dogs. they passed by the litter of pups and seem to go away. within seconds they all winced to the sound of a thunder crack, then another. the smell of blood started to float threw there air in to there nose. a sad bloody scent that made them all want to howl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the whole night the pups stayed in the ditch with the grass and leaves covering them. By dawn, Arkaz slowly nudged the cover away and peeked out. Seeing nothing, he slowly crawled out and whimpered softly. Sniffing the ground a couple times before he looked at the forest once again.

".... it's clear" he said in a firm voice before flopping down and stared back at his brother and sister's coming out. "where's daddy and mommy?" Kalam asked with a slight whimper.

Ir'ene was silent as she looked to the others. "we are on our own everyone...." she said in a sad tone. Kalam lowered her ears and Arkaz growled softly. "why did they have to leave us..." he snorted, suddenly he yelped as Raven pounced him. "guys there is a reason mommy and daddy must have left but they will be back! I really mean its.... Come on! Till they come back lets gooo check around, mai hungry anyway" he grinned happily. Ir'ene blinked a few times before she smiled at her runt of a brother. "Seems okay, I guess"

Arkaz growled softly at Raven but he let his head hang, going silent for a bit. Oh how much we wanted to tell raven they wont come back, once those men with there fire sticks let lose the thunder crack, no one can come back. But seeing Raven's smile always made it seem like everything will be ok.

((Who do you chose on your journey?))

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Arkaz:(Male)

*Noteb*
2. Ir'ene:(Female)

*Noteb*
3. Kalam:(Female)

*Noteb*
4. Raven:(Male)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wolfy (UN: wolfysky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wolfy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1457369-A-Wolfs-Life/cid/566877-On-Their-Own