*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Discovery
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1495105-Remote-Control/cid/607526-The-Discovery
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1495105
You come into possession of a very special device.
Chapter #1

The Discovery

    by: Saracen1187
After a pleasant night's sleep you lazily pulled on your clothes and made your way downstairs, the first thing on your list as always was cleaning your teeth, your mouth felt like an old carpet. After brushing your teeth and using your mouthwash you started making yourself a cup of coffee. Just then something on the kitchen table caught your eye, it was a parcel neatly tied with brown string.

Wondering how the thing could have got there you quickly went to the door, expecting to find it open, but to your surprise it was securely locked, just as you had left it last night. Checking the window to your home you found them to be securely locked also.

"What the hell?"...you mumbled to yourself in confusion, as you scratched your head.

"Who'd want to blow me up?" was your first thought, then you passed off the stupid notion that it could be a parcel bomb that someone had sent you.
--

Curious to know what was inside you got the scissors out of the drawer nearby and cut the string that was holding the paper around the object.

Pulling the paper aside...you saw a small wooden box with ornate carvings all around the base, and the lid was held shut by a clasp on the front.

You looked around you just to make sure this wasn't a set up of some sort, after all your friend Jack was well known for his practical jokes. You then flicked the clasp up and opened the box...and you were actually disappointed to see a normal looking remote control inside

"All this for a TV remote?"...you asked yourself in disbelief, shaking your head.

Then you noticed a piece of paper also contained in the box, picking it up you saw it had one word on it - 'Enjoy'.

"Enjoy?? Enjoy what?" you muttered, as a frown appeared on your face.

You then picked up the remote itself and saw that it didn't seem to be a 'normal' remote after all, the buttons on it all had different functions like a normal remote, but the words on the buttons puzzled you.

The three buttons at the top were simple enough, there was the On/Off button on the right, and two more numbered simply #1 and #2 on the left of the device.

But the central button, had 'SWAP' written on it in bold lettering, and all around it were other buttons with the names of different body parts written on them, along with several more buttons with 'Manners', 'Personality', 'Voice', 'Hair' and 'Sexuality' printed on them.

And near the top was a button with 'Age' written on it in bold lettering, with a button either side saying 'Increase' and 'Decrease'.
--

The only conclusion you could draw was that this was a remote that could swap body parts and other things between people, but you knew that couldn't be possible...surely.

Putting the remote back in the box you shook your head and continued making yourself breakfast, but 10 minutes later you picked it up again and studied it more closely. Deciding to press the Power button...you were surprised when the remote vibrated for a moment then emitted a constant humming noise, barely audible, however...the noise soon stopped and there was nothing.

"Could this thing actually work?" you asked yourself, allowing yourself to become a little excited.

There was only one way to find out.....

You have the following choices:

1. Test the device on yourself.

2. Test it on someone outside.

3. Something else.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Saracen1187 (UN: saracen1187 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wandering Mind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1495105-Remote-Control/cid/607526-The-Discovery