*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Home Sweet Home
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1502359-The-Thegenancient-token/cid/615848-Home-Sweet-Home
by cerial
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1502359
Jenny is a homeless 13 year old girl who one day finds a magic token.
Chapter #1

Home Sweet Home

    by: cerial
cerial




Jenny runs her hands across the end of a lighter as her hands grow cold. The winter wind enters the tunnel under the street and blows on Jenny's exposed face. Jenny brings her head up from her backpack and smiles at the sight of a bunny scurrying around.
"Hello James" Jenny quickly finds a name for her new friend before the bunny escapes into the darkness under a stump.
Jenny's joints ache as she finds herself rising from the blankets and to her feet.
"eeeerrrrrr" Jenny runs her empty stomach before throwing her duffel bag across her back.
The bike squeaks and clicks as it wobbles down the street. The seat was ripped and the back tire was bent. But, Jenny loved the bike .
The bike that Jenny found alongside the rail road tracks now hurdles into motion as Jenny heads down the street. Jenny was 3 miles from the nearest town and her legs ached as she rose and fell with the hills of the road.
"One last one" Jenny thought as she started up the last hill before the downward slope into town. Jenny's legs burn as the road grabs at the tires. The wind blows against Jenny's face and her back pack although empty seems to gain weight. Jenny stands on the pedals as her thin figure starts to sway back and forth working the bike to the top of the hill.
Stopping at the crest of the hill Jenny looks down and says aloud "Now where to?"
Jenny could go to the Empire hotel. They always had great food, out back that is. She could go to the park. People were always leaving food laying around there and it was the nearest spot. And then there is the orchard. It has been a while since she has been to the orchard Jenny could load up her backpack without anyone noticing or criticizing her. But, it was also on the other side of town and would take most of the afternoon to get to.

You have the following choices:

1. Go to the Empire Hotel

2. Go to the Park

3. Go to the Orchard

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 cerial (UN: genius0312 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cerial has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1502359-The-Thegenancient-token/cid/615848-Home-Sweet-Home