*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A new package
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572936-Warping-Reality/cid/710889-A-new-package
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1572936
A new take on warping reality, written in third person.
Chapter #1

A new package

    by: Tolchok
Amanda couldn't sleep. She had just finished watching her favourite show, and it was close to midnight. She normally wouldn't stay up that late, but it was Friday night, so she had little to worry about for tomorrow. She was planning a trip to the city with her housemates, which she looked forward to. She was also excited about going to Scienceworks, as the Star Wars exhibit was there. Whilst David and Rachel only marginally shared her love of sci-fi, they enjoyed Star Wars as much as the next person.

Suddenly, a bright light shot through a gap in her curtains. Could it be the moon, she thought. But this was so bright it was almost as if the light was on. Amanda then picked up her glasses off the bedside table. She normally wore contacts, but in this kind of a situation, glasses would have to do. She crept out her door, careful not to wake up David and Rachel. Rachel was her best friend, but was more feminine. She had been dating David for almost a year now. David was a film buff, and had a large collection of DVD's. Amanda got along with him just fine, but she wasn't willing to wake them up.

By the time she got outside, the light was gone. However, she looked down and saw a package. She picked it up and saw it was addressed to her. There was a card attached, which read "We have been watching you, and we know you want a change in your life. We have access to technology far advanced of humanity, and believe you would be deserving of this device. You have no need to worry about this device falling into the wrong hands, as it is pre-programmed so that only you can use it. Use it wisely, though."

Was this a joke? She went up to her room and opened the package, and found a strange device. It looked like an enlarged iPod touch. There was a manual to go with it.

"Congratulations on the acquirement of your new Reality Warper! With this device, you have the power to alter the world in your own image. Regress adults to children, shrink people down to the size of a matchstick, speak in a different language, and much more."

Amanda was still skeptical, but at the same time, liked the idea. But she knew it would have to wait until morning, and she had already decided on what to change...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Tolchok (UN: ndrly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tolchok has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572936-Warping-Reality/cid/710889-A-new-package