*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Exploration
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1737559-Fantasy-Creatures/cid/1027386-Exploration
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1737559
Gavin meets a fantastic creature... How does life change after it?
Chapter #1

Exploration

    by: MysteriousMist
Gavin took another step along the path, panting quietly as he moved. Another day at his after-school job was done, and there was only the short run back home before he could collapse onto his bed. It had been a long day, and while he usually enjoyed the jog back home, it had been a long day for him. He shook his head gently as he moved through, wiping a bit of sweat from his forehead as he slowed to a walk, trying to catch his breath. He always seemed to stop at the same place, and he knew the path well enough that he could recognize when it was time.

It wouldn't have been surprising to anybody who had seen him. The creases on his clothing and the dirt over his face and legs made it clear that he was outside quite often. He wore a plain green shirt and a pair of jeans, but the sleeves and legs were frayed at the ends. His hair was a disshelved, tangled brown, and he had a few cut and scrapes along his body. If anybody had seen him, it wouldn't be surprising to find out that Gavin had been down the dirt trail dozens of times, and could recognize every tree along the way. The run was always a brief one between his home and town, and he usually took a break around halfway along it. He gazed along, spotting a couple of familiar trees before his eyes passed where the dirt path seemed to branch off.

The path shouldn't have been there.

Gavin stopped along the dirt trail he was on, looking at the ground. He glanced around for a moment, shaking his head to try to clear his mind. However, when his vision settled again, the new path was still there. He approached it quietly, trying to look at it. Although it was barely a path, it was quite clear that someone else had been there. The brush that was normally there had been cleared away, and the branches and leaves on the ground were worn in.

He checked his watch, glancing at the time before turning back to the trail. There would be plenty of time before it got dark, and the trail seemed clear enough. Although he didn't know how it got there, it didn't seem too rough to follow. Taking another glance at the area before he stated to walk again, Gavin began moving down the new path. However, it only took a couple of moments before he stopped again, a subtle noise sounding from around him. He turned to try to get a quick glance around, but didn't notice anybody nearby. He swallowed hesitantly, before deciding what he would try to do.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 MysteriousMist (UN: mysteriousmist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MysteriousMist has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1737559-Fantasy-Creatures/cid/1027386-Exploration