*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1790354-Beast-Spirit-Rhapsody
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Animal · #1790354
Music can affect people in mysterious ways and draw supernatural beasts.

Music can affect people in mysterious ways and draw supernatural beasts.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Introduction


Welcome to the city of Fortuna, a metropolis of culture, art, and new beginnings. This city is also the home to the Fortuna School of the Musical Arts, FSMA, known the world over for teaching great musicians and singers in the ways of music. However that isn’t the only things they teach.

In a plain invisible to human eyes is the world of the Rhapsody, animal spirits that live and function on the sounds of people’s aura. Each person’s soul sings a song, unique to each individual human as it is shaped by their experiences and interactions, be it from people, places, events, and even simply music. The Rhapsody loves this music and has gathered into this world to listen and protect it. All isn’t well however, as corrupt beings known as Noise wish to devour the source of such music.

Overwhelming the people’s emotions from their plain of existence so that they may send their lives into chaos, feeding on their unrest to gain the power to pull them into their world to utterly consume them.

However things aren’t without hope thanks to a special few people. When a person’s soul matches the wavelength of a Rhapsody, the two then become synced allowing the human to see the invisible world and have the ability to fight with their spirit animal partners to protect the people. These special individuals are taken into the school as part of a club for gifted students with Rhapsody partners and are trained how to fight off the threats of the noise, as well as a new mysterious enemy known as the Silence.

In this story, you will be a human who discovers their Rhapsody partner for the first time as you are then invited to the schools club to help fight off Noise and Silence to keep the world of Humans and Rhapsody peaceful.

Information


Rhapsody: These animal spirits are invisible to normal humans, and are a source of energy that can affect human emotions. They take the form of real life animals although a few mythical verities are known to exist. The Rhapsody have tribal style markings on their bodies and often unusual colorations based on their element and music. Rhapsody is also known to each have a fondness for certain kinds of music, affecting their appearance, abilities, and elemental powers based on its preferred genre. When a human encounters a Rhapsody that shares their wavelength, they will appear as a figure obscured by visual static (Like a TV image) and once physical contact is made, will be completely visible along with the rest of the world of the Rhapsody.

Harmony: When a Human and a Rhapsody have become synced, they become what are known as a Harmony. Those that have achieved this are bound to their Rhapsody partner, if either one dies the other will as well, meaning it’s critical for the two to remain by each other's side. The Harmony the pair has can achieve different levels of harmony, boosting their abilities.
The first is the basic level and the default state the two will maintain. The two are separate entities able to move about freely, though the Rhapsody can hide inside the Humans body as a spirit which gives the human heightened senses and strength, with limited elemental control.

The second stage is used more combat the two combine their power to become stronger, the Rhapsody will take on a more anthropomorphic form as their upper body will appear from behind the human as a sort of spirit animal. The human will also gain the tribal markings of the Rhapsody on their face and body, the more the markings cover, the stronger the Harmony the two has achieved. The Rhapsody can throw physical attacks and perform elemental magic drawing from the human’s aura. The human can help strengthen the Rhapsody by providing support in the form of music (be it by singing, playing an instrument, or playing a CD/mp3). In this stage the Human acts as a source of power for their partner, meaning that they are also a potential weak point for attacks. This also means if the human tires out that the two are forced to separate.

The final form is when the two are perfectly harmonized and achieved their greatest power. The human will take on the form of the Rhapsody, becoming a humanoid version of the animal and provide an empowering song for all around them. While this is the strongest form, it can only be obtained by experts and for only a small window of time, meaning little is known of what power it holds.

The Noise: The Noise are beings of corruption and chaos, feasting on Rhapsody and seeking to consume humans as well. The Noise are more beast like compared to the Rhapsody, looking like monsters versions of the spirits. They are created by human unrest and conflict, or in some cases Rhapsody exposed to corruption or neglect. The Noise will feed on a Human’s turbulent aura to grow stronger, making the human’s life chaos from behind the scenes. When a Noise becomes strong enough they can cross the boundary between the worlds and pull humans into their domain to consume them. If they are successful they will consume the human’s soul, leaving them an empty shell back in the human world.

Noise Domain: The Noise Domain is a twisted reality formed when a Noise grows strong enough hunt after humans. The Domain takes the form of a twisted dungeon version of the area the human was pulled from, and will create noise and entities based on the human’s personal chaos and unrest. When someone is pulled in or stumbles upon the entrance of a Domain, they will begin to hear a loud ringing in their ears. If they linger the ringing will grow louder as the world around them distorts and cracks. Eventually reality will shatter like glass trapping them into the dungeon. The domain will vanish and free its surviving victims once the Noise that made it is killed.

The Silence: Silence are only known to despise all sound, and will attempt to snuff it out it in any form be it Noise, Rhapsody, or Human souls. They take the form of white faceless figures and are difficult to identify. When a Silence clings to a human they will become extremely depressed, their outlook on life growing bleak as their soul ceases to sing. If they aren’t freed from their hold, they will cease to see the purpose of living and will attempt to end their life.

Rules


- Please add substantial chapters: I know that not all of us can write long sweeping narratives all the time, but at the very least make your posts two or more paragraphs long. This also means no making chapters just to present more options, if someone is interested in making a character, they can write out the bio themselves

- Please use proper grammar and spelling: No one is perfect, but I do ask that you try to spell and grammar checking your chapters to the best of your ability before you add. Also unless you are trying to emphasize someone’s accent or dialect, please use the full proper spelling of the words. (No txt or l33t speech)

- Please keep your chapters in line with the description I laid out: I don’t mind if you have interesting ideas to make your story your own, however I do want to keep the consistency of the story intact. If you want to present an idea that you aren’t sure fits in, ask me.

- No Mary Sue or god-like characters: You aren’t a master of all instruments and your Rhapsody can’t use every single element. Your character is a normal human being with flaws and ambitions. That is what makes a character interesting. No perfect character is ever fun to read about.

- Ask permission before adding to someone else’s storylines: This should be a no-brainer, if you likes someone’s story and you wish to add on to it (If they give you an option to do so) Then it’s best to ask them if you can. It’s just the right thing to do.

- Do not steal writing or characters from other people’s work: Plagiarism is wrong, and so is stealing ideas from another person’s work. There is a big difference between being inspired by someone’s work, and ripping it off. I will remove your chapter if I find it has been stolen from someone else.

- You may make dead end chapters if you want to develop a game over scenario for the story; choices do have consequences.

- Vore is allowed, but only if it fits in line with the story.

- No Excessive blood and gore. Since this is a more mature story I will permit some graphic imagery, however please no keep descriptions to a minimum.

- I will permit the exploration of more adult topics, however only if they are used to help further the story in a meaningful way.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 13+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1790354-Beast-Spirit-Rhapsody