*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A boring job?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1816587-Radiated-and-Swapped/cid/1202402-A-boring-job
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1816587
Daniel gets radiated and now swaps everyday with one girl he knows.
Chapter #1

A boring job?

    by: Mr. Scratch
Daniel looked bored at all the lights and levers, he had no idea what they were meant for. As boring as is might be, this was the best paid job he could find, especially since he only had to do fairly easy things like holding a wrench or, like now, watch that all lights are burning except the big red one.

The boy leaned back in his chair and yawned. The job was just boring no matter how much the professor pays him. It was strange though. Daniel was not really qualified. He barely graduated high school and had trouble to find a job afterwards.

His mom was threatening to throw him out if he does not bring any money home so he was glad he found a job.

Daniel looked up and saw the professor wiring something and mumbling some calculations Daniel never would understand. He yawned again. This evening was going to be a long one, that was for sure.

"I'm now going in, Daniel.", said professor Harthorn said and looked over to Daniel who was sitting behind glass. "Just monitor everything and tell me anything unsual.".

The professor entered a giant pod which resembled a cooking pot. Daniel had no idea what was going to happen in there. Not that he cared. The professor said that he will be save outside the pot so there was nothing to worry about when the professor does the dangerous things.

Harthorn closed the door behind him and moments later some lights on the pot went on and a noise like some kind of turbine was spinning could be heard.

Daniel put his hands on his ears because the noise got louder and louder every second. "What does this thing do anyway? I hope it stops soon. It's getting hard to hear myself think!", he thought and look at the instrument board like the professor instructed him to do.

Minutes later the pot was turning off and the door opened, smoke got out of it. Soon the smoke vanished and the professor could be seen. He looked like a truck drove over him and his clothes were torn.

"Did it work?", he asked Daniel. "Only if you wanted to create a big noisy smoke machine.", Daniel replied joking. Little did he knew that while the machine was working some special radiation was emitted that effect every human being within a 10 feet radius that was not protected by being inside the pot.

"Another failure?", sighed the professor and cleaned his glasses with his torn lab coat. "But why didn't it work?".

Daniel shrugged his shoulders. "No idea. What were you tring to achieve anyway?", he asked. "I told you but you didn't listen, right?", sighed Harthorn. "Like I told you before, I want to create a machine that is able to turn someone into everything he wants to be. This will help those who are unhappy with their bodies or have bad habits they want to get rid of.".

"And you think this is even possible?", asked Daniel and raised an eyebrow in suspicion. This guy was really crazy.

"Of course it is!", he said with confidence. "I found this material and...". Daniel didn't listen to him anymore. This guy was really crazy but at least he paid good money so he simply nodded and smiled to stay on good terms with him.

"And that's how it's possible.", he ended his speech. Daniel simply nodded. "I see.", he said although he did not.

"Well.", Harthorn then broke the silence. "Since the pot isn't working anymore, I think you're free to go.".

"Okay. I hope you get it back to work as soon as possible.", Daniel said and left the building.

Outside it was already dark. How long had he been at work? Six hours? Maybe more? Daniel had no idea. He lost complete track of time. No wonder considering how boring work was.

His way home was eventless and short. Daniel had luck to find a job only 10 minutes away from him.

With a big sigh Daniel walked to the door and stopped there. He hoped his mother would be a bit calmer now he had a job. She normally freaked out every time he got home and told him he had to do something with his life.

Unfortunately, today was no difference. As soon as he closed the door behing him, his mother was standing before him.

"You're coming late.", she said and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "I bet you were out and didn't do anything useful.".

Daniel sighed. "No, mom.", he replied. "I was out working. I just got a job today. I could start right away.".

His mother raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, right. You and a job! Who would hire you?".

He looked serious at his mother. "Professor Harthorn. He needed an assistant and pays good money.".

"Never heard of him. You're probably making him up.", she said not believing that her good-for-nothing son could get a job.

Daniel shook his head and sighed. "If you don't believe me. At the end of the month you'll see. Now excuse me. I'm going to bed.". That said he went past her and upstairs into his room. He really could not wait to have enough money to get away from here.

He did not even bother to change or brush his teeth he just laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. He really wished he could escape from this terrible life he had.

Minutes later Daniel fell asleep. He did not know that the next morning would be some big surprise for him.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mr. Scratch (UN: damaho1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mr. Scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1816587-Radiated-and-Swapped/cid/1202402-A-boring-job