*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The story begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1819613-Shrunk-around-a-Family-of-Bears/cid/1209127-The-story-begins
by Kane01
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1819613
A shrunken human meets a family of Arthro Bears
Chapter #1

The story begins

    by: Kane01
Who would've thought such incredible things could happen to one person. David's own extraordinary situation started a few days earlier in an isolated cabin, and that book....

No, no. Not THAT book. This was a different cabin and a far different book.

He wouldn't have found it if he hadn't gotten himself lost, and yet it was almost faith that he came upon it. He'd been walking for miles,he'd lost his compass, his GPS was totally non functional. Last time he'd buy anything off ebay. He was still in among the mountains so he couldn't get any cell phone service. On top of all this it was getting dark and he saw storm clouds from the east, so when he came upon the decrepit cabin he was glad for even that much shelter.

Who knows how long ago it had been built. The roof sagged, it was almost completely covered in a thick layer of moss and whatever road or trail that might've lead up to it was long gone. The doorknob turned easy, but the hinges refused to budge and David had to put his shoulder into it to open the door enough to squeeze through. It surprised him that the door hadn't broken apart under the weight. The inside looked just as bad as the outside and smelled musky. Oddly, he didn't notice any signs of animals taking up residence within the abandoned shack. Taking off his pack, David light his lamp. The lamp illuminated enough of the interior for him to notice the one item in the cabin that seemed to be uncorrupted.

It looked to be bound in brown leather and when David touched it, it felt warm to the touch. He concluded it must've been the light shining in through the only window that was not covered by vegetation.

He'd look at it later, at that moment David's concern was to set up his tent on the floor of the cabin. He could hear drops of rain on the roof and he had no way of knowing whether or not the roof leaked. when he'd had that done and his sleeping bag rolled out he turned his attention back to the book. The first thing he noticed as he opened the book that the pages were made not from paper. Of what exactly he wasn't sure but he knew it wasn't paper. Second, it was hand written and illustrated but he couldn't read the writing. About halfway through it he found a scrap of yellowed paper someone had placed there. Holding the paper to the lamp light he read out loud what was written on it.

"Klaatu.... barada.... nikto"

He waited. Nothing. Nothing at all.

Carefully replacing the scrap of paper back into the book and putting the book back on the table, he blew out the lamp and climbed into the tent. Sleep though hadn't come easy, the rumble of thunder was loud, so loud that he could feel it through the ground. What David didn't know was that the Thunder Storm had covered up a far more extraordinary event. While he tried to sleep, the world around him changed.

And when David awoke....
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Kane01 (UN: kahn101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kane01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1819613-Shrunk-around-a-Family-of-Bears/cid/1209127-The-story-begins