*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Science At Any Price
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1827233-The-Little-Bang-Theory/cid/1226000-Science-At-Any-Price
by Doom
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1827233
Geniuses they may be, but the cast of TV's Big Bang Theory are in trouble when they shrink
Chapter #1

Science At Any Price

    by: Doom
“I think that this qualifies as a successful test, gentlemen,” Doctor Sheldon Cooper said. “You may have five minutes in which to congratulate me.”

None of his three companions responded, being far more taken aback by the surroundings than their friend’s predictable pride. It wasn’t that they were in a place unfamiliar to them; quite the opposite. But for all the time that they’d spent gaming and geeking in that apartment, the view from an inch above the floor was a new experience. Everything was so much more huge and intimidating, and nothing more so than the device responsible for their current predicament, balanced upon the coffee table an untold height above.

“That’s… a little out of our reach…” Doctor Leonard Hoffstadter said, de-craning his neck to look around at his friends.

“Yup,” Howard Wolowitz concurred, “We’ve as much chance of getting up there as Raj has of winning American Idol.”

“Hey!” Doctor Rajesh Koothrappali protested. “That’s not due to lack of talent, but because they have a very narrow definition of what counts as ‘American’.”

“What, Americans?”

“I can’t believe that you two are bickering before you’ve even congratulated me on my achievement!" Sheldon shouted. "I’ve accomplished what no scientist ever has, and successfully miniaturised matter!”

“Well, that’s fine and all, but if we can’t get up there to restore ourselves, you’re going to have trouble lifting your Nobel Prize, Wayne Szalinski,” Leonard said.

“While I am offended by the comparison to an accident-prone fictional character, I will cede that you make a valid point. Still, it should be a simple matter for our combined intellects to solve such a rudimentary problem.”

Such a frenzied bout of cogitating was interrupted by seismic rumblings reverberating through the floor of the apartment, coinciding with loud crashings from the other side of the half-open door.

“I can hardly think with that racket going on,” Sheldon snapped. “Why didn’t you close the door behind you when you entered?”

“You’re the one that demanded we get over here at once. You were quite insistent.”

“Be that as it may –“

The rest of the words were drowned out by the loudest crash yet, as a foot belonging to a perfectly normal-sized human crossed the threshold of the apartment. Each of the four looked to the doorway, dreading what they might see.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1827233-The-Little-Bang-Theory/cid/1226000-Science-At-Any-Price