*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Gift
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1834795-Mirror-of-Reality/cid/1244015-The-Gift
by Jeary
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1834795
A teen is given a mirror that allows him to travel to an alternate reality.
Chapter #1

The Gift

    by: Jeary
For some or perhaps many of us we believe in the possibility of alternate realities co-existing along ours. Some with very little difference and others with so much difference that it's hard to accept them. There are even a few who believe in the existence of a Utopia type reality where everything is as perfect as it can be. Is it possible for such a picture perfect reality to exist? For Jake Young he believes in the Utopia or picture perfect reality, and even now he wishes for a mean to travel to that reality.

Jake stretched his arms out lying in his bed as his alarm went off. " Ugh..Six thirty in the morning already? I'm going back to bed." He then went and pressed the snoozed button on his alarm and covered himself back up. Just as Jake was about to fall back asleep his younger sister came in. "Wake up sleepy head, your going to be late. Jake groaned as he was disturbed from his slumber. " Not now sis." His Sister then looked up at him sternly. " Jake, Do we have to go through this every morning? Just get up already!" She yelled. Jake sighed. "Fine." Jake got out of bed, got his clothes out of his drawer and headed for the shower. Once he was done with the shower he went out and got dressed and went to the breakfast table. " Ready, for School dear?" His mom asked. " Mom! Do you have to ask that every single day?" He asked. " Of course, I care about all my little pumpkins." Your mother replied. "MOM! We're not little anymore can't you stop calling us that?!" Jake and his sister responded. " I know you two are growing older but to me you'll always be my little pumpkins, anyhow your birthday gift from your great Aunt Diane should be arriving once school is over. It's strange how her presents always seem to get lost in the mail." Your mom says. Jake's great Aunt Diane is his grandmothers sister, though he has had very little contact with her in the last few years. "Alright I get it, I'll be off now" Jake said after giving his mother a hug, he then went out and drove to school.


Jake's day at school went on the same as usual. Nothing of big notice happened or any fights, at least to Jake's Knowledge. Before Jake knew it it was finally lunch time. Jake set as his usual place with his friend Joe. "Hey there how's it going?" Joe asked. " Same as usual dull as our principal Mr. Uptight." Jake replied. " Careful, heard he's in a bad mood today Jake." " Mr. Uptight is always in a bad mood, he punishes people just for the sake of it, if you ask me.." Joe interrupts. "Jake, careful." Jake continues. " Why Mr. Uptight and tidy widy near or something?" "Not just near but right behind you Mr. Young and for your comments and name calling your principal I think you should spend some time in detention. Don't you?" The principal asked. Jake shook his head. " It was just a mistake Mr. Upton." Mr. Upton gave Jake a stern look. " Very well I'll let you off this time but if I find you calling me Mr. Uptight and tidy widy again, don't expect to be so lucky." Mr. Upton then left Jake and Joe waited awhile to ensure the principal was nowhere to be seen. " That sure was a close call Jake." Joe said. Jake simply nodded. Lunch was now over and Jake and Joe went to there afternoon classes. The afternoon classes were pretty much the same as the early morning classes and went by just as fast, except for last period which always seemed to last the longest especially that very last minute. Jake didn't have any other plans today so he went home.

"Jake your gift from Aunt Diane arrived, though I think it's a bit of an unusual gift for her to send a boy." Your sister said. " Unusual? Sounds interesting I'll have to look at it. Thanks Sally." Sally responded. " No problem Mom put it in your room." Jake curious of his unusual gift from his Aunt Diane went straight to his room to look at it. "That is an unusual gift, but Aunt Diane always has stories attach to her gifts I wonder what the story of this one is?" Jake thought as he looked at his gift a two way mirror with a bow and a letter attached to it. Jake took off the letter unaware of a second letter that was attached to the other side, and he read the letter:

Dear Jake,

I hope you like your birthday present for your sixteenth birthday. It's been quite a few years since we have actually spoken or seen each other. I'm sure you are also curious of what the story behind this gift is? Well I'll let you in on a little secret I've kept from you. You see this mirror is what send me here to this reality. It took me over fifty years to find it again, and as much as I missed my old reality. I would miss you more if I went back so I decide to give you this as a gift. The Mirror names is actually called the Mirror of Reality, now I know that seems crazy but if you don't believe me just try it out. But I warn you going back isn't as easy as that. The mirror connects to many multiple realities. I remember our last talk we had when you were wishing to travel to another reality. After a few years it took awhile but once I found this Mirror I decided to give it to you, I hope you enjoy it Jake and Happy Birthday!

With Love,
From your Aunt Diane.


Jake thought to himself," A mirror of Reality that can take a person to another reality? That's a good one. Still maybe it really does work. If it does perhaps I can find a reality that really is picture perfect"! Jake was hesitant at first questioning whether the mirror could do such a thing. He was also curious to see the possibilities of an actual picture perfect reality. Although he read all of the first letter he still had no clue how to get the mirror to work. His Sister then walked into his room. " So what's the crazy story on this mirror Jake? She asked. "Well according to Aunt Diane she came from another reality and this is the Mirror of Reality that sent her here." Sally then laughed. " That's even more silly then her last gift!" Jake responded. " What if it's true though?" Sally then looked and noticed the second letter. " Jake I doubt that story holds up true, but from the looks of it there's another letter from her." Sally said pointing at the letter Jake missed. Jake then went and picked up and read that letter. "This letter explains how to use the mirror but not much else." Jake said. Sally looked at Jake and then ask. " Then why don't you show me?" Jake nodded and began to say the phrase that would activate the mirror. " Oh Mirror of Reality, grant me my desire that I seek to travel to another reality!" Jake and Sally looked at the mirror at first nothing seemed to be happening and then a fog suddenly appeared in Jake's room. "Jake I..don't like this." Sally said. "Walk through the Mirror and your desire shall be granted" A voice came from the mirror. At first Jake wasn't sure whether he should of believed his Great Aunt or not but now he was sure and curious to see a picture perfect reality. " Jake! Don't GO!" Sally yelled. It was useless as Jake was entranced by the possibilities that he saw the Mirror now glowing an eerie blue with the mirror his reflection faded and the mirror instead of reflecting changed to white. Jake's own curiosity got the better of him as he went through the White where the portal was. His sister could only watch helplessly as he went through. Neither of them aware of Jake's mistake instead of sending him to his picture perfect reality it sent him to another reality randomly since he neglected to specify the reality. The only question is which reality did Jake get sent to?

You have the following choices:

1. The American Revolution Never Happened?!

2. Human Males Never Existed?!

3. A World Ruled by Magic?!

4. Aliens rule the world?!

5. Other

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jeary (UN: silvernights at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeary has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1834795-Mirror-of-Reality/cid/1244015-The-Gift