*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Since It Happened
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1857833-Project-Venus/cid/1304623-Since-It-Happened
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1857833
After a deadly virus leaves the world without women, a secret project restores the balance
Chapter #1

Since It Happened

    by: Wanderer0426
“Hey, I’m home!” Aaron said as he walked through the door of his family's home.

He had been away at college for past few months. It was a long drive but he was finally home for the summer. It had already been a year since it happened, since he had lost his mother and sister. It wasn’t in a car accident or because of cancer. Instead, it was a pandemic that robbed the entire world of its mothers, sisters, girlfriends, wives, daughters, etc. Every single woman on the face of the earth, all gone in a matter of days.

No one really knew where the pandemic came from, only that only the women were affected. Things were so different now, how businesses ran and everything. Aaron could still hear his mother nagging in the kitchen or the sounds of his sister.

The loss of those you love was hard no matter what the circumstances, but even the deepest cuts will heal with time. However, even with time and strong hearts like Aaron’s father who would say, “As long as we keep their memory alive, they will never be really gone,” there was still emptiness in the world that every living thing could feel.

As he walked through the house, he can’t help but smile as he passes pictures of his family when it was whole. The once unbearable pain had dulled over time; he could now talk about them and smile. He then looked out the window to see his father in the garden.

He walked outside and his father greeted him with a smile and a hug. “Hey the garden looks good this year.” Aaron says

“Yeah. I even expanded it a few feet to make it wider, added some corn too.” He says

The rest of the afternoon went by as usual; whenever Aaron would come home they would grill out and catch up. Ever since it happened they had gotten a lot closer. However, eventually the conversation leads to the current state of the world.

“So... How long do you think mankind has?” Aaron asks.

(How does he respond?)

You have the following choices:

1. Response 1

2. Response 2

3. Response 3

4. Response 4

*Noteb*
5. Response 5

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wanderer0426 (UN: wanderer0426 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wanderer0426 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1857833-Project-Venus/cid/1304623-Since-It-Happened