*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Changelings
  2. Goblins
  3. Amazons
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1343449-Changelings
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1860225
Transformation in a world of wizardcraft and witchery
This choice: Shapeshifters  •  Go Back...
Chapter #14

Changelings

    by: Yote
A disparate, dwindling race, the changelings originate from a magically-unstable region deep within the eastern mountain range. They are distrusted by all other races for their ability to assume any shape. Outcasts seeking a place to belong and an identity to call their own, it is a sad fact that most will wind up as thieves, assassins, and whores.

In their natural form, shifters are pale humanoids, almost featureless and indistinguishable from each other, with the capacity to imitate. Juvenile changelings are limited in their abilities, able to make only superficial facial changes. At the onset of puberty, their flesh starts to soften so that by the time they reach maturity, their body has become like malleable rubber. At this stage, they can imitate individuals of other races almost perfectly.

Their condition progresses as they age, making them more unstable but allowing the changeling to take on first animal and finally inhuman, inanimate shapes. Ultimately their condition develops to the stage where the individual can no longer hold itself together and it degenerates into formless gunk.

These tragic slime creatures seek shelter in ruins and tombs, lest a strong rain dissipate their liquid bodies. Most eventually meet their death at the end of an adventurer's sword, or are collected and used as ingredients in potions.

A slime-ified changeling if ingested will grant the imbiber shapeshifting abilities for the length of time that the changeling remains in the guts, although be warned that the changeling will make rapidly for the "exit" and that you will be stuck in whatever form you're in once the changeling has left your system.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Shapeshifters: Magic users, spells, and artifacts

2. Anthros/Beastmen

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1343449-Changelings