*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Night To Remember
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1904131-Talk-About-A-Life-Sentence/cid/1470132-A-Night-To-Remember
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1904131
A young man reminisces about the last 7,000 years stuck as a variety of different women.
Chapter #1

A Night To Remember

    by: Fitzroy Clement
11:00 P.M

Cesar parked his car into the parking lot and then calmly strided to the hotel where the party was taking place. Normally, Cesar wasn't much for parties, but this was New Years Eve, and besides, one of his good buddies was here. John had invited and paid for Cesar's ticket, all the way from Boston, Massachusetts, his hometown, to glamorous Las Vegas after he won the jackpot. John, a compulsive, reckless fiend, figured that it was serendipity and there was no time like the present to blow $500,000. So after he had won, John called and rounded up every friend and friend of a friend of a friend to celebrate his good fortune.

The hotel was nice enough judging by the lobby, as Cesar figured it would be, so he asked some other pedestrian where the bar was. He knew that John, who had put most frat boys to shame in his day, would be there. The bubbly redhead, who couldn't have been more than eighteen or nineteen, pointed him to a stairwell straight ahead. The bar was in the basement, of course.

Cesar decided to take the elevator and descended into the cavernous but well lit drinking hall. The loud music(thankfully, all classic rock) briefly assaulted Cesar's eardrums, but he acclimated to it soon enough when he asked a barmaid where his friend John was. Pulling out his smart phone, Cesar showed the woman John's picture. She recognized him almost immediately, and directed Cesar to the other side of the room, through the throng of strangers and quasi-acquaintances. Cesar nodded, and after a few minutes, found his friend of twenty plus years sitting down in the farthest corner, in the dark, talking to Kimberly Gadling.

Cesar was really attracted to Kimberly. She had long, silky black hair, a youthful face despite pushing forty, and a rocking body. She was wearing a black form fitting mini-dress under her black leather duster, Matrix style, which made her look really stylish and really mysterious(and really sexy).

Kimberly was the first to notice Cesar.

“Heya, Cesar. What's popping?”

“Not much. Just enjoying the free vacation your boyfriend was nice enough to give me.”

Kimberly turned her head at John, then back at Cesar, and laughed drunkenly.

“My boyfriend? Yeah, right. In his dreams would he be my boyfriend.”

John looked hurt. “That's it. You're out of my will, now.”

John was only kidding of course. Despite having long since been a teenager, he was too irresponsible to have ever thought of writing up a will.

“Don't care. At the end of the hour, this nightmare will all be over” answered Kimberly as she downed another glass of Brandy Alexander.

“Hey Kimberly. You're drinking a lot tonight.”

“It's New Year's.”

John smirked.

“Yeah. But I've never taken you for much of a drinker. Any special reason? Trying to forget something? Or somebody?”

“As a matter of fact, I am.”

Kimberly, drunken and somewhat surly, though no one who looked as cute as her could look very overtly threatening, stared at both of them as Cesar sat down on the chair right next to her.

“I'm trying to forget all of the last seven thousand years I've been stuck as this...” she said, roughly putting down her drink to emphasize her very female form.

“Seven thousand years?” asked John incredulously. He was half amused, and egged her to go on with her rant.

“Yea. I've been stuck as a woman for exactly seven millennium's ev'r since I pissed off some witches. Never found out what I did to the cunts, or how they found the ability to do this. They sent me back in time and told me tonight would be the end. First day they told me this all those years ago, and I never forgot it. January 1st, 2012 is when they're releasing me from this...endless fucking parade of acting flirtatious and having babies and sucking dicks and...”

“You never told me you had kids.”

“I don't. Not in this lifetime. But in the past... Holy shit. I could probably fill Sydney, Australia with all the kids I've pumped out. And don't get me started on all the miscarriages and infants who died ov'r the centuries. Yeah, me. Modern, independent woman. Most of time I've been barefoot and pregnant.”

Kimberly's face looked more taciturn than ever now.

Cesar said “You can't be serious. You're just drunk, aren't you Kim?”

“No! I'm completely serious! All of you people, lovely as you are, are just mayflies to me. All of the things you think you know about the world are...not one hundred percent accurate to say the bloody least.”

"Got any interesting anecdotes? Stories?" asked John.

“We-lll-lll...” said Kimberly, slurring her words “...which one do ya want to hear firs'?"

You have the following choices:

1. Story 1

2. Story 2

3. Story 3

*Noteb*
4. Story 4

*Noteb*
5. Story 5

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Fitzroy Clement (UN: darkluke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fitzroy Clement has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1904131-Talk-About-A-Life-Sentence/cid/1470132-A-Night-To-Remember