*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The First Case
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1920876-A-day-in-court/cid/1537867-The-First-Case
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1920876
Lawbreakers are forced to swap bodies with someone that can no longer harm socity
Chapter #1

The First Case

    by: the beagle

Judge Ballbuster, looked at the young man, in the witness chair, banged his gavel, and said, "Does the defendant have anything to say before I pass sentence?"

Edward Ruffhouse spoke in a meek voice, "Please your honor, I haven't been able to find a job in months. It was the only way I could afford to eat. Have mercy."

The judge gave him a stern look, "You sir are a drain on society. There are shelters that give food to any one willing to work. You're only 26 years old, you could have joined the Army and retired in 30 years as a citizen with full pension, but you thought you were to good for that. Still you might be able to be useful, so I will set you up as a cafeteria worker at an innercity high school as a C-7. If you fail at keeping this job, or have any other infraction of the law, you will be sentenced to becoming an E-7. If you live 30 more years you may retire at half pay. Is that understood, young man?"

"Your Honor please I don't want to be an C-7, please let me prove I can change my ways."

"Look over at your victim Mrs. Weakly. She will have to use a cane the rest of her life after you beat her for only having $25, when you robbed her. Mrs. Weakly approach the bench. Your record shows that you had a perfect record in your 30 years in the army, would you be willing to re enlist if I gave you Mr. Ruffhouse's body?"

"Your honor you can't do that to me. She has to be a D-5," begged Ruffhouse.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 the beagle (UN: thebeagle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
the beagle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1920876-A-day-in-court/cid/1537867-The-First-Case