*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Discovery
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933949-RC-Talk/cid/1592113-The-Discovery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1933949
There's a new video chat out there ready to change it's users.
Chapter #1

The Discovery

    by: starcrydragon1
Matthew was walking home from school, talking on his phone with his friend Rachelle. He was an average looking guy, shoulder length brown hair that was a strange cross between wavy and curly hair. He was tall, a little over 6'2". He had blue-gray eyes and a slightly deep voice.

It didn't take long before Matthew was walking up his driveway and towards the garage of the house. Oh crap! I need to chat with Sydney! Matthew screamed inside head as the revelation came across him. Looking down at his watch, it read 4:15. Crap! He was supposed to be talking with her right now!

"Sorry Rachelle, gotta go. I was supposed to be talking with Sydney already." They both exchanged goodbyes before hanging up.

Matthew quickly ran up to his room, barely avoiding running into walls and furniture as he furiously typed across his phones keyboard to let Sydney know he was going to get on soon. He had only just sent the message, which was stuffed full of profuse apologies, when he arrived at his bedroom at last. Scanning his room for his laptop, Matthew finally found it on his bed. Matthew jumped, lunging for what would be his savior. Matthew was quick to start up the modern age piece of technology, but as it was turning on, Matthew nearly died right there and then. Oh noooo! I still need to get a new video chat!

A few days before, Matthew was happily video chatting with his best bud Jasper when Skype, the universal video chat program, decided to epically crash the party, if you know what I mean. All in all, Matthew was tired of shit like that happening, and vowed to himself that it would never happen again. Of course, being the procrastinator that he is, Matthew had yet to find another way of video chatting, thus leaving him in this precarious situation that he was in now.

"Ok, ok, no big deal," Matthew consoled himself. "I'll just text Sydney, and tell her that I need I found a note saying I needed to go visit dad at work. I'll say it's for a, umm, a company meet-and-greet, and that he wants me to be there. Yeah, that'll work." And so Matthew did just that. Thankfully Sydney was, to Matthew's relief, understanding. Incredibly annoyed, but understanding. They could work later.

This did, however, mean that Matthew was free for the rest of the afternoon. It was Friday, so he would save his homework for Sunday, as he always did. There was one thing that Matthew would do and that was find a new video chat program. He would need it for later tonight.

Matthew began his search across the internet. There were big ones, like FaceTime, but Matthew wasn't really going for those. He suspected them of being the same as Skype. Not to long after, though, did Matthew come across one that he had never heard of. RC Talk was what it was called. The website talked about how it was more for using it's wide variety of effects to make the chat fun than anything else.

Matthew downloaded it, thinking it could be worth a try. Now the only thing to do was to call someone and talk them into getting it as well, but who? There was Rachelle, or Jasper. He could try risking it with Sydney, and tell her that he was able to get out of the thing with his dad. There was his neighbor Daniel, who was also working on a project with Matthew. Or his other neighbor Shaun, if he really got desperate for something to do.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Rachelle

*Noteb*
2. Sydney

*Noteb*
3. Jasper

4. Daniel

*Noteb*
5. Shaun

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 starcrydragon1 (UN: starcrydragon1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
starcrydragon1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933949-RC-Talk/cid/1592113-The-Discovery