*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Cold Day in Terrordale
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1957152-Monster-Slopes/cid/1676586-A-Cold-Day-in-Terrordale
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1957152
Can you survive a ski resort for giant monsters? Winter sequel to Monster Shores
Chapter #1

A Cold Day in Terrordale

    by: Unknown
You wake up and let out a yawn. You look out the window of your winter house. You couldn’t stay at the lifeguard station during the winter so Roxy’s friend Elisa built you a new house out of an old cuckoo clock she found in her basement. You still couldn’t believe it was the cold season already. You remember the last day of Summer. Fran gave everyone their last paycheck of the season and sent you, Stella, Roxy and Chihiro away. Chihiro quit her job at the beach and went to Fearfield to get a new job, April went back to her workshop in town and Mesa said something about heading to another job she had back in the countryside. As for Stella, you don’t even want to know.

You didn’t know what to do during the winter, until Roxy mentioned she worked at Grimmsly Lodge in the mountains, a ski resort and told you they were looking for ski instructors. She introduced you to her Bahamut friend Elisa and while you were intimidated at first when the hippo/fish/dragon monster looked down and smiled at you, you two became friends and she and Roxy convinced the manager to hire you. You’ve been working there for a few years now, as long as you’ve worked at Gravefield Beach.

You weren’t so much for cold weather though and there were dinosaurs in the mountainside, a lot of which were carnivores, but there were two things you liked best about working at the lodge. There was no Stella to condescend you and there was no way you’d run into that mermaid Paisley. You were in an environment where your most hated predator couldn’t possibly survive. It was perfect. But as you get up, you feel a cold breeze and start to shiver. This job wasn’t like your old job at the beach at all. It’s so terrifyingly cold even indoors and you have to quickly put on your jacket, gloves and earmuffs.

So, what are you going to do today?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1957152-Monster-Slopes/cid/1676586-A-Cold-Day-in-Terrordale