*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The New Guy
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2076876-Archer-GTS-Shrinking/cid/2111816-The-New-Guy
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #2076876
Enter the world of Archer as ISIS's newest field agent.
Chapter #1

The New Guy

    by: Hero for Hire
You adjusted your tie nervously as you entered the hidden elevator in the laundrette.

'Using a launderette as a front?' you thought, 'Could they be more obvious?'

The dull whirr of the elevator left much to be desired in terms of entertainment as you awaited your first day at ISIS. You looked around the small space, noticing some bullet holes on the walls and even a few on the buttons. You wondered what the cause of this could've been but you didnt really care as long as the thing doesn't break on you.

The elevator doors open, presenting you with the unimpressive base of operations. Seriously, this place looks just like an ordinary office. No fancy gadgets on the walls, no portraits of world leaders, not even so much as an American flag. Is this some sort of second front? A front within a front? Do they even do that?

As you wandered across the room past the cubicles and the odd bored employee here and there, you noticed two women at a desk by a set of double doors. The one sat at the desk was a skinny brunette girl with her hair tied back. The other was a... larger... lady with blonde hair. The double doors behind them seemed important so you approached.

"Um, excuse me ladies?" you adjusted your tie again, "I'm here to see a Ms. Mallory Archer."

"That's me." the brunette said. You raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're Ms. Archer?"

"Eeyep!"

"It says Cheryl on your desk." you observed, pointing at the name plate by her computer.

The blonde girl laughs, "Dumbass." she teases.

"Are you Ms. Archer?" you ask Cheryl's companion.

"God no!"

"Alright, well, look, if you could just let her know I'm here, my name's Anon. I'm the new agent."

"New agent? Well, in that case hellooo." Cheryl leaned over her table, ensuring her cleavage was apparent under her blouse.

"Give it a rest, 'Mallory', the guy just walked in."

Cheryl sighed and flicked the switch on a intercom. "Ms. Archer, your new agent is here." she said into it.

"About time you hussies stopped flirting with him, let him in already." a voice barked back.

"She said she can't wait to finally meet you." Cheryl said sweetly.

"You know I heard what she said, right?"

"I didn't know that!" she gasped. "Does that mean everyone can hear her?"

You ignored her antics and let yourself through the doors. An older woman sat at her desk, nursing a glass of scotch.

"You must be Anon. Sit." she motioned towards a chair in front of her. You did as instructed. "Now, Lana Kane, one of our field agents is on her way up to induct you. In the meantime, I'll explain briefly what you'll be getting up to with us."

"Yes ma'am."

"Based on what we could find on you, you've had minimal firearms training, correct?"

"That's right ma'am. Basic training with assault rifles and advanced training with handguns."

"Fortunately you won't be needing guns to complete most of your assignments. You'll be part of our infiltration team."

"I see. And Miss. Kane, is she part of this team?"

"Lana? Goodness, no! The way she stomps around with those clunky feet I'm surprised we can't hear her coming. The infiltration team will be composed of you. Just you."

"I... understand." you wonder how many agents this place has if one person is considered a team.

The door behind you opens and a simply stunning woman walks in.

"Something about a new agent?" she says.

"Lana! How polite of you to stampede your way in here without knocking! This gentleman is Anon, our newest little infiltrator. I need you to take him down to the lab to show him what the infiltration will entail."

Lana looks you up and down and extends her arm. "Lana Kane. Pleased to meet you."

"Anon. Likewise." you stand and shake her hand.

"Anon? Just Anon?"

"It's a nickname, I don't really use my full name much for obvious reasons."

"Right. Follow me." she walks out of the office and you thank Mallory before obeying Lana.

---------- THIS IS WHERE THE GOOD PART STARTS IF YOU HATE INTROS ----------

"I was told we'd be getting a female agent." Lana says.

"Sorry to disappoint."

"I don't have a problem with it but if you're anything like our current male field agent, I'll be nice and let you pick the window I toss you out of."

"I'm just here to work." you assure.

"Hmm."

The two of you enter what must be the lab. The first thing you've seen in this place that actually looks like it could belong to a secret organisation.

"This is Dr. Krieger's lab." Lana explains, "Don't touch anything unless given permission and don't feed any animals you may find."

"Got it."

"Dr. Krieger was working on something that could help us infiltrate our competition. At first it was invisibility but then he said he had a new idea but didn't tell anyone what it was." she walks over to a nearby shelf and delicately picks up a syringe from it. "This is what he made."

"And you have no idea what it is?" you ask.

"Even if Krieger told me I wouldn't be able to explain it to you. There's a reason I'm paid to just go outside and shoot bad guys. You're paid to find out what this is and use it to complete your mission." she hands you the syringe. "I'll be back in a couple minutes I've just gotta go do something. Let me know what that stuff does when you find out." she walks out of the lab and leaves you to your own devices.

You give the syringe a small shake. The liquid inside seems gelatinous. You weren't exactly one to inject odd substances into your veins you've always been a sucker for finding out what weird shit is.

"For science!" you declare as you stick the needle in your arm. You feel the jelly-like substance make it way into your blood stream and you become light headed. You stretch to put your hand on a table for balance but find that you can't reach it. You take a step closer and try again but to no avail. You wipe the sweat from your forehead and rub your eyes. Your vision corrects itself and you realise the serum you injected into yourself was a shrinking formula.

"What the fuck..?" you look around, taking in your surroundings. Everything looks incredible. Tables tower higher than anything you've ever seen, a test tube on the ground beside you becomes a giant tunnel, the floor stretches on forever; a vast wasteland begging to be explored and the doorway, a gaping passage to a fantastic new world with even more to explore.

Except for one problem; you're tiny and nobody knew what Krieger was making in here. Nobody knows you've shrunk.

So what the hell do you do now?

You have the following choices:

1. Wait for Lana to get back

2. Go find Cheryl

*Noteb*
3. Go find Pam

4. Go find Mallory

*Noteb*
5. Explore this big new world alone

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hero for Hire (UN: whysocereal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hero for Hire has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2076876-Archer-GTS-Shrinking/cid/2111816-The-New-Guy