*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2089796-Simba-vs-larger-animals/cid/2310470-Simba-acted-cowardly
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2089796
Simba is signed up to wrestle large animals. However, he may not come out on top.
This choice: Simba acted cowardly...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #11

Simba acted cowardly...

    by: nobody495
When Yewande finally decided to strike, the attack was even faster than Simba imagined. She was upon him before he could even blink, and all he could do is tense up in reflex, assuming the leopard would rip out his throat and it would be all over. But instead, the feline ducked down her head and headbutted the cub into the air!

The cub flailed comedically as he flew across the coliseum, and though he landed on his feet, as all cats do, the laughter of the audience was mortifying. Yewande reared back again, that same smug smirk on her face. His side still aching, Simba was starting to realize just how strong the leopard was compared to him. She could apparently throw him around like a ragdoll with ease. How could he possibly compete with her? This wasn’t a fair fight… but it didn’t seem like he could back out now.

“Come on. Aren’t you going to fight back?” Yewande taunted, beckoning him over to her side of the ring.

Simba tried to think rationally, but his fear overcame him. The match must be rigged -- he was powerless against her! If he tried to fight back, she would destroy him for sure. There had to be another way out, some way to escape the coliseum. With that thought, Simba turned tail and ran.

“You know I can outrun you,” Yewande laughed, watching with bemusement as the cub fled as far from her as possible, checking desperately along the walls of the coliseum for a way out. The audience’s laughter was deafening, now, knowing that Simba had just sealed his fate.

It wasn’t long until the lion found what he was looking for. A rope, draped over the side of the coliseum wall! He wanted to climb up the robe as fast as he could, and just keep running, fast as he could, deep into the jungle until he never had to lay eyes on this damned coliseum ever again. But just as he latched onto the rope, he felt teeth grab the scruff of his neck and drag him away.

“No!” he demanded, doing his best trying to sound intimidating as the leopard easily dragged him away from his only salvation. “L-let me go!”

The veteran hunter’s strength seemed awe-inspiring compared to the fragile little cub’s. Even when he struggled with all his strength, the leopard easily kept him in her grip. The feeling of powerlessness was inspiring some kind of primal fear within Simba. Eventually, she pinned him to the ground, leaving his forepaws free to bat at her.

“You’re stronger than you know, mtoto. After all, you have your father’s blood,” Yewande insisted. “Come on! Don’t be a coward! Hit me with all you've got!” Yewande held her head there, obviously offering the cub a chance to strike back and show his strength. However, instead, Simba reached up and bit deeply into her shoulder.

“AUGH!” Her roar echoed throughout the coliseum, causing even the audience to cringe in shock. In her pain, she dropped the cub, and Simba darted away.

“Hey! Biting is forbidden!” The announcer jumped up in surprise.

“It’s alright, Gamba. I’ve got this,” Yewande yelled, before turning to nurse her wound. He had bit her right through the muscle, and the hole in her shoulder was now bleeding profusely. It ached every single time she moved her forearm. “Ugh… I try to be nice, and this is how you react? You are really starting to piss me off.”

Simba began pulling himself up the rope again, desperate to climb out of the arena before the leopard could retaliate. It wasn’t until he was halfway up the wall that he noticed her leaping at him-- and by then, it was already too late.

Before he knew it, the massive leopard was pinning him to the ground. He whimpered as she leered over him, pondering what she would do next...

You have the following choices:

1. She stuffed his head in her mouth

*Noteb*
2. She planted a paw on his nose

*Noteb*
3. She turned to sit on him

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 nobody495 (UN: nobody495 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
nobody495 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2089796-Simba-vs-larger-animals/cid/2310470-Simba-acted-cowardly