*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Spell
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2156088-The-Possession-Book/cid/2482592-The-Spell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #2156088
What will an ancient spell book hold for a student.
Chapter #1

The Spell

    by: The_watcher
Friday 8 PM

It was beautiful summers day. The sun had set itself low in the sky by this time. The clouds were still contrasting their light grey/blue against the orange of the sky behind them. The wind was so soft it may not have been there but was fervid enough that you could feel it.

The air was warm. Not hot. Warm. The feeling remnent of a bed cover on a cold winter's night. As you walked home enveolped in this quilt like atmosphere, you couldn't help but feel fulfilled in a way.

There was no religious bone inside your body. Thought you were into the occult and the supernatural an all powerful body seemed a tad to far, even so you didn't believe in the magic of anything you just were interested. And what was there not to be interested about the power to do Any thing! You could sign you up straight away.

Ironically you believed in the universe. Almost like a God but by another name which is still contradictory in itself. For example if you had seen it as a self balancing mechanism. A good deed leads to a good result for you and vice versa for evil deeds then you would be valid in your belief. But that was not the case you believed it to be a force that governs the universe rather than balance it. In truth you were a God fearing person, but you feared another entity that wasn't what the world considered as God. An unnamed Deity that no one had discovered.

Yet that was just as irrational as any God anyway so you usually kept that theory to yourself. You still talked to it, in a prayer like ritual but you obviously couldn't call it a prayer for that would be religion which as we established you were a fervent atheist. It was nice to talk to something. Whether it was an all powerful, all balancing messiah or just to yourself.

The day had been barely productive but that's what you needed that day. The heat had made the day slow as if the air had slowed the hands on the clock. There had been nothing exciting to happen. No notable deaths. No babies born. No games released. Nothing.

Not that that affected your outlook. There's something peaceful about monotony which you found to a degree blissful. The hours after school had raced past strangely
You had left school at 3:00 and had wandered into the forest to smoke weed. You parents... well parent, your dad was away in Malasia or Shanghai you forgot what he had said. You had told you had a group project to do at your friends.

Smoking pot in a forest on your own wasn't your usual go to on a Friday, but you had felt down. School, relationships, friends and a multitude of other things had fucked with your head. Greg, your friend, had a family BBQ and your other friend Lexi had work so if even if you wanted company you were out of luck.

Usually when you smoked you were inherently paranoid but this time you weren't. Not that that was a problem batter chill then being scared of breathing. Maybe it was the strand or maybe it was something else...

After you had gained yiur senses back and sprayed enough deodorant to mask the scent of 10 skunks you walked back to your home.

You walked in to your house. Your mother was already in bed, you never understood how your mother could go to bed so early. There was still day light left, your sister was in her room but she was on her tablet her door slightly perched open. This is when you knew she wasn't bothered about being disturbed. A closed door was a no go.

You popped your head in. "Hey Sis" you greeting startled Jane

"Whaddup?" She reciprocated

"I'm good yeah, mom in her room?" You inquired.

"As per... why you got a girl with you" Jane teased

"I wish" you joked back, rolling your eyes as you did.

"Nah just me sadly."

"Maybe one day big brother" she beamed.

Maybe it was down thing in the air tonight. Either that or you'll be missing a bag of weed and you know who's got it.

You went in the kitchen and peered in the desolate fridge. Nothing. Not that you were that hungry. You were bored. After that disappointment you wandered back to your room passing your mother's and sisters room again.

You walked slowly appreciating the wall paper which your hand was running across as you moved. You eventually got to your room which felt way longer than what it probabky was and you pushed your door open. You saw dust particles dance in the air as a result of the suns light revealing them all around your room. You fell onto your bed. No intent on sleeping then you would just as bad as your mother. You took your phone out of your trouser pocket. Nothing. No notifications. Not that you expected any.

You turned onto your side. Seeing a peculiar object on your shelf. It was a book. But not one you had seen before. You agent read in years, even then they weren't exactly high brow, the likes if 'The Hunger Games' and 'Harry Potter's littered the rows of novels. Yet this one looked more rustic, ancient.

The spine was devoid of writing. So it was nameless as far as you could see from staring at it from the side. It was not a rare occasion that you would focus on something that you did not need to focus on. This time was different. There was something surreal about this book. You stirred lifting your head up and sat up, still frozen. You then contorted yourself and got up, shuffling towards your desired destination. You found yourself in front of the case, you reached out. Apprehensive. As if the book would attack or bite. Reaching you grabbed it and moved backwards until the back of your legs hit the bed, they then folded so that, again, you were perched on your quilt.

The book was also nameless on the front. Maybe it was just an old census book that had just appeared, something deathly important but massively boring. You opened it the writing lit up. There was no subtlety to it's abnormality. They were in a different language, not one your recognised. Not that you recognised many languages. (French and Gemrna were your limit). But this was something satanic. Even if you did doubt that the writing was supernatural. Writing DOES NOT light up.

Suddenly the book closed itself with the force if 1 thousand winds. You tried to open it again. You were curious now. This time the chapters did not light up. Alternatively it was in Engksih. There was no author's notes, or a preface. It was just straight into the action. A word just lay at the top of page

Possesson
The writing underneath still seemed like Gibberish but this was English Gibberish. Usually you would dismiss this book as some merchandise for a wizarding book series or film but there was something inherently Legitimate about the whole thing.

You then thought

What should I do?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. To your local college,

2. Go talk to a friend

3. Look outside

4. Go outside

*Noteb*
5. Start as someone else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The_watcher (UN: the_watchers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The_watcher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2156088-The-Possession-Book/cid/2482592-The-Spell