*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. It Begins...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2184812-Polly-the-Pet/cid/2627608-It-Begins
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #2184812
Polly is tiny with no memory of who she is or how she became shrunk.
Chapter #1

It Begins...

    by: gulliverstoy
A tiny blonde woman awoke with a start from a sleep filled with dangers and uncertainty. She looked around her surroundings. Eyes darting wide at any movement. But it was dimly lit where she was. Looking she saw furniture and a room. She sat upright on a bed half covered in a blanket. But everything was too large for her height. The bed was large... the dresser and nightstand were too big for someone her size. It was then that she remembered the events the day before and how she came to be here. She remembered waking weeks ago with no memory of who she was or how she came to be in a world that was enormous to her. She woke one day in the woods a mere three inches tall and naked. No memory of who she was but a strong sense that she was not always tiny. For weeks she survived on nothing but grass and anything else she convinced herself wouldn't kill her. There was an entire day and a half where she couldn't eat a thing because she chose wrong and the plant she ate made her vomit until she was dry heaving. When initially she woke she was a little on the overweight side, but such a long stretch of almost no nourishment had stripped her down to her current slender self. She hid from any wandering animal now gargantuan to her. One day she fought off a bird who mistook her for a mouse. In the end she wasn't badly hurt once the bird realized it had no idea what it actually was trying to eat and flew off.

She made it a habit of working her way in one direction in hopes of reaching civilization. Sleeping in small holes or under the brush of fallen leaves. Eventually she reached a borderland where the grass forest ended and shorter foliage started. That was when she saw her first giant. Or more accurately when the first giant noticed her as she was preoccupied with foraging for food when the giant shadow fell over her. She turned to see two massive feet and towering legs straddling her tiny form on the ground. In an instant the huge mountain of body fell with an earth shaking rumble as the giant fell to it's knees for a closer look at her. She started to run but, weak with hunger, stumbled and fell. She turned onto her back and fended herself with her hands as she looked upon the face of her pursuer. It was a child. A young girl stared back at her with her eyes wide and a slow smile growing on her face. She was young. Very young by her estimations. The girl had dark hair that went below her shoulders and chestnut colored eyes that gleamed with the new discovery. The giant reached her hand down slowly and as the tiny woman shielded her face with her arms and hands. She felt huge fingers gently wrap themselves around her.... engulfing her in warmth and the faint scent of the flowers she was picking. She then felt the vertigo of being raised high into the air and she let out a small whimper at her helplessness. She felt herself being carried for miles by her ratio before she heard doors opening and closing and the padded sound of feet on stairs and another door shutting.

The fingers opened and the little woman sat up in the middle of the giant hand and stared back at a huge smiling face. Realizing her nudity in the presence of another person after weeks alone, she covered herself up with her hands. The giant girl blushed and looked away momentarily before her eyes slowly returned. The girl lowered her hand to her desk and tilted it slightly implying for the tiny passenger to disembark. The small woman crawled to the edge of the palm and stepped down onto the desk never taking her eyes off the giant. The girl giggled as her new find obeyed her unspoken command before she stomped over to her toy chest and began to dig around. The tiny woman walked around the desk top trying to decide if it was wise to make an attempt to run. She reached the edge and looked down and almost fell backwards from the vertigo.

The giant girl returned and the woman scurried back from the edge. Giant fingers lowered something and dangled it in front of the woman. Bewildered but curious, the tiny person reached up and grasped it and the fingers let it go. Holding it out in front of her she saw it was a shirt, but a really big shirt. It had the words "Girl Power" written in it. She cautiously pulled it over her head and let it drape down her small body. Even though it was just a shirt it was like a short dress on her. As she stood taking it in she was startled by the sound of the giant girl clapping her hands.

"I knew it'd fit!" the giant girl finally broke their silence. Leaning down for a closer look at her little prize she asked, "How come you're so small?" The tiny woman stood quiet and stared back at the enormous child. "What's your name?", the girl asked. Still nothing escaped the frightened woman's throat. "My name's Ellie."

"H-hello...Ellie." she finally replied. Ellie gasped hearing the tiny woman's voice for the first time.

"Your voice sounds so high and tiny." Ellie giggled. "Are you a fairy?!" The woman shook her head, but to be honest for all she knew she could be. "But you're sooo tiny..", the girl pointed out. "How did you get so little?"

The woman stood, her small hands wringing the hem of her shirt dress in a fit of frustration. "I-....I don't know", she admitted. She told the girl about her waking with no memory and of the trials she went through just to survive the woods. As the poor woman told her tale the wide smile on Ellie's face faded and was replaced with concern as she heard what her new found friend had went through. When the woman was finished she stumbled back and sat down on the edge of a book on Ellie's desk and was fighting back tears at the uncertainty of her situation.

You have the following choices:

1. Reserved for my story.

*Noteb*
2. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
3. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
4. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 gulliverstoy (UN: gulliverstoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gulliverstoy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2184812-Polly-the-Pet/cid/2627608-It-Begins