*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Gabby is a pipsqueak
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2226194-Tooned-Life/cid/2862835-Gabby-is-a-pipsqueak
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2226194
A woman is granted her wish to be a cartoon character, but not how she intended.
Chapter #1

Gabby is a pipsqueak

    by: lilipoot
Gabby can't wait, this should finally let her live her dream. She finishes putting the finishing touches on the VR helmet, double and triple checking her work, "This will be perfect. Soon as I put this on, I'll finally get to feel what it's like to be a cartoon." With a deep breath, she loads up the list of old cartoons and selects her favorite, Rescue Rangers. "Well... here we go." She nervously puts on the helmet.

Almost immediately she knows something is wrong. She is unable to move her body. On the screen, an image of her appears, and next to it the characters start rapidly cycling by. It finally stops on Gadget and the words "Closest match confirmed. Initiating change."

"I didnt program this" she thinks, but before she can think further, her body starts uncontrollably spasming. She blacks out wondering what she did wrong.

Gabby feels herself face down on the ground. She tries to get up, but her face seems to be stuck, "Eww! Did I land on some gum?" After trying a few times to push herself up unsuccessfully, she has the idea to grab her hair and pull it back. Even as her hand grabs her hair, she thinks "What am I doing this will never wo-" with a popping suction cup noises her face comes loose.

She swears she can hear birds as she tries to regain her balance. "Wait, no, I can see birds. Whats going on?" She stumbles in a daze to what looks like mirror and stares into it in amazement. It's definitely her in the reflection, but her face is flat as a pancake. With a firm shake of her head, her features snap back into place. Except instead of her normal human face, she has a slightly pointed nose with whiskers coming off it. Her eyes are unnaturally big with long eyelashes. She's about 6 inches tall. She sees a pair of pink ears at the top of her head, and when she tries to pull them off they stretch but stay attached. Realization dawning on her, she feels around her but and pulls a long tail in front of her. "OH MY GOD! IT WORKED! I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL-"

Gabby looks around and sees she's not in a cartoon. She's in her dorm room. Checking the reflection again, she sees that she does indeed look like a 3 dimensional version of an ink and paper cartoon mouse, but she's still in the real world. "This isn't how it's supposed to work! I have to use it to turn back to-"

Gabby hears a pop behind her, and turns to see smoke coming from the headset. She's frozen in horror since its the only thing she knows that can help her. She starts towards it, but then the door bursts open and her roommate Meg comes running in with a fire extinguisher. "GABBY HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO DO YOUR SCIENCE BULLSHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE!?"

"Hey, it's not cow poop... hey I didnt say cow poop, I said cow poop... aww heck, cartoon characters can't swear..." she sad about this until she hears the roar of the fire extinguisher. Horrified, she watches her only hope destroyed in a spray of chemicals. Mega dismissively picks the mess up and declares it's going in the dumpster before it explodes or something.

Gabby watches her leaving and tries to decide what to do,
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 lilipoot (UN: lilipoot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lilipoot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2226194-Tooned-Life/cid/2862835-Gabby-is-a-pipsqueak