*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2226427-Forced-Perspective/cid/2920971-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rita
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Comedy · #2226427
A collection of stories where the protagonist goes through an unwanted change.
Chapter #1

Beginning

    by: Rita
The Mother Of Invention

This story follows David Johnson, 22 year old college graduate, right after he had to move back home with his mother, 44 year old Karen Johnson. After graduation, David had applied to multiple publications in order to utilize his new journalism degree. Unfortunately, David hadn't heard back from any those applications in months, and also couldn't seem to land a side job to support himself in the meanwhile. Having quickly went through his savings, David had run out of options and was forced to return to his Mother's house. Karen, despite her efforts to hide it, was very happy to have her son home. Ever since David's graduation, Karen had lived alone for nearly 6 years. She enjoyed the privacy for the most part, but she was excited to share her home again. David, on the other hand, was pretty embarrassed to move back home. Still broke and without any prospects for employment, David couldn't help but feeling like a failure. He had spent most the first week back home depressed in his room and smoking the remaining weed he brought from college. Karen's maternal instincts picked up on this, and she quickly devised a plan to get her son out of this funk.

The company Karen worked for always needed new test subjects for their assorted products, and she figured this would be an easy way for David to make some quick cash. He may be hesitant though, since his mother works for Renovate Inc, a company famous for its groundbreaking body reshaping technology and medication. For decades now, the company boasted it's ability to change you however you see fit. Using their machines and drugs you could become a body builder, or a supermodel, or a killer whale! Despite these claims though, Renovate was still years away from going commercial. They needed more human testing and were willing to pay decent amounts for willing participants. Unbeknownst to David, his mother has already signed him up for a product trial and now is legally required to use whatever product is given to him.

Memory Lane

This story follows 19 year old Greg Canary as he searches for a new apartment. When Greg decided to move in with his best friend after High School, he learned slowly what a huge mistake that was. Greg found out the guy who he liked to party with actually partied every single night. Any moment of cleanliness or quiet were few in their apartment. This bothered Greg much more than he thought it would. He could feel himself getting progressively more annoyed and aggravated every passing day.
Still, he was not great with confrontation, so he let it go on for a year before finally snapping. Greg supplied his roommate with a list of things that needed to change in order for them to keep living together. In response, his roommate left the next morning, leaving Greg to handle the rest of the lease by himself.

Although frustrated from his first apartment experience, Greg was excited to find new place to live. Despite staying within the same town, he was considering this a new start. A chance to reinvent himself after he letting someone else have so much impact on his personality. Fortunately for him, he's found a fairly affordable building with many apartment for rent signs out front. Greg walks into apply, determined to be more of an individual in this new space.

If Greg had read the fine print though, he would have understood why the rent was affordable. The apartment building he was about to apply for was (allegedly) the most haunted building in his state. Nearly every room had a at least one confirmed death. Most of these deaths were from previous occupants, usually from mysterious circumstances. Local legend states that the memories of the dead have left impressions within those rooms. Who can tell what kind of impression they'll leave Greg with.

The Girdle Hurdled

This story follows Rex Geiger, a gullible 26 year old. Rex wasn’t a stupid guy, but he did have a habit of being easily manipulated. Whether it was a harmless prank from his friends or straight up getting scammed, Rex usually found himself fooled. This trusting nature never did Rex much harm, until he had made a fairly decent misunderstanding with a loan shark. Rex hadn’t realized how steep his monthly “installments” were going to be or how the loan shark would react without getting paid. Rex got his answer a week ago when his apartment was broken into and robbed of all it’s valuables. In the middle of Rex’s destroyed bedroom was an odd note, only thing on it was “WE’RE WATCHING YOU, PAY UP” written in red ink. Rex was terrified to say the least, but he still didn’t have nearly enough cash to fend of the shark and his goons. He figured his best course of action was to hightail it to his nearest relative’s place and lay low for a while.

Unfortunately, Rex’s closest living relative was his grandmother, 65 year old Annabelle Geiger. Annabelle lives in an age restricted community, a small subdivision where the minimum age to be a resident is 55. Something Rex definitely forgot about before he started making his way over there. Despite this, Annabelle isn’t one to turn away a family member in need. One way or another, Annabelle will have to figure a way for Rex to pass in her elderly community.

Misfiled and Miscorrected

This story follows 30 year old Keith Maron, company man. In the last few years, Keith has been working as a sales expert for “Chello”, the number one food supplier in the USA(in this fictional universe). While working there, Keith had practically worked 60 hour weeks in an effort to bring his sales as high as possible. It was hard work and Keith had lost touch with most of his friends in the process, but he was desperate to climb that corporate ladder. Of course, there was the much higher salary that came with a promotion, but Rex was more intrigued by the rumored benefits upper management received. He had heard stories of free vacations, secret parties, and even luxury company cars. Rex’s free time and buddies were a small price to pay if it meant he could get a taste of the high life.

Luckily, his manager noticed his initiative and sent an email his way, attached with a ticket to an expensive island resort named “Restituo”. In the email, Keith’s manager explained that in order to move up in Chello, Keith would need to attend a destination wedding for one of their biggest shareholders. It would be Keith’s job to represent Chello in a professional manner, and his promotion would be guaranteed upon success. Unusual circumstances aside, Keith jumped at the opportunity and quickly scheduled his trip to Restituo.

If Keith wasn’t so thrilled for this chance, he might have been more careful registering with the resort online. Restituo marketed itself as “Heaven” on earth, a perfect vacation systematically suited to your preferences. All you had to do was answer a few personality tests, and you’re flying to formulated, generated paradise! In his excitement, however, Keith had managed to miss the personal details page, missing his chance to set up his vacation. Untouched, the details were left with random default options, which the resorts systems will know only recognize Keith as. Will the island change to better fit Keith’s needs or will he have to change for the Island?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Rita (UN: reedomanness at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rita has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2226427-Forced-Perspective/cid/2920971-Beginning