*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The day it all began...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2246360-Supernatural-Servitude/cid/3007284-The-day-it-all-began
Rated: E · Interactive · Erotica · #2246360
Supernatural items are used against you. You don't know what, but something is afoot!
Chapter #1

The day it all began...

    by: Reptara
One day your sister wandered into an antique store. “Hello? Is anyone around?” She calls out upon entering the old store.

“I’m in the back. Just call out if you need any help.” A faceless voice echoes back. The cashier was seemingly too busied with a task in another room to greet her customer. Jennifer continued on, browsing the vintage trinkets and books within. “Geeze, what lousy service…” she thinks to herself. She aimlessly strolled through the aisles, but stops at a nearby shelf as a dusty leather bound book catches her eye. Something appears familiar about it, yet at the same time it looks like it hadn’t been touched in centuries. As she reaches out to grab the old tome, a supernatural gust of air blows and a faint whisper can be heard with it. The words “Welcome back….” echo through the breeze but lacked any real distinctness or clarity. It was too subtle to be heard by Jennifer who was busy trying to decipher what the book was. The inscriptions on the cover make it look like a sort of witchcraft spell book. She picks it up and leafs through a few of the yellowed pages. The mysterious woman, now at the counter, noticed her and walked towards her. Her eyes lit up with a recognition of Jennifer’s striking likeness to a powerful sorceress that she had read about. “Be careful with that one. It is no ordinary book.”

“If it is so valuable, why is it on the shelf with the other junk?” Jennifer asks, raising her eyebrow.

“It is just an ordinary book, in an ordinary persons hands. However, only those with a unique aptitude would have the ability to use it for whichever purpose they chose. There are those who walk among us that are decedents of powerful sorcerers and sorceresses, though I have not seen many in my time. I believed that lineage had been broken I had begun to think that there were no descendants left…” she says. “Perhaps that the magic had itself had even been lost. If you are who I think you are, you must be careful not to abuse its power.” The mysterious woman cautions.

“Ok lady. Suree….” Jennifer replied dubiously, yet intrigued by the story and imagining what she might do with that kind of power. “Maybe I can find a spell to make my brother stop being a jerk!” She said with a halfhearted chuckle to herself.

“Ohhh yes. And far more than that my dear. But, you must only use this enchanted text for good.” She took the book from you and inexplicably opened to a page that was nearly exactly matched for your dilemma. With this enchantment here, you can enchant an article of clothing that will cause its wearer to follow any order, so long as the word “Obey” follows. Is there any clothing or jewelry that he wears each day?”

“Well he has a dumb necklace that he just bought. He’s been wearing that a lot lately. Could that work?” Jennifer asks, humoring the senile old woman.

“That will do just fine. Take that simple ordinary necklace and cast this enchantment upon it. Follow the steps of this text exactly. If you do this, you can have your brother stop bullying you. However it will only work while he wears the necklace and no single command will last for no more than 1 day.”

“Nooo, C’mon. You’re pulling my leg right now. What’s the catch?“ Jennifer skeptically asks.

“You will own the book, but I may reclaim it if you use it for purposes that I have deemed to be unfit. I’ve placed an enchantment that will automatically return it to this sanctuary in that event. Take the book. For you, it’s free.” The strange woman says. “Riiggghhht. K thanks lady. Im gonna just leave now….” Jennifer says, and walks out wondering what that old woman might have been smoking. She almost tosses the book in a nearby trash can on her way home, but something is compelling her to keep it.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Reptara (UN: reptara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Reptara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2246360-Supernatural-Servitude/cid/3007284-The-day-it-all-began