*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Jacob gets the Pearl
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2249844-The-Pearl-of-Potential/cid/3035985-Jacob-gets-the-Pearl
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2249844
A pearl that grants wishes gets into the wrong hands.
Chapter #1

Jacob gets the Pearl

    by: memneron
Jacob was out playing in the front yard. He was busy kicking a soccer ball around, passing it to himself and off the walls of his house. he noticed an old man was crossing the street, and saw a car rapidly making it's way down the same street. He hurriedly ran up to the old man to try and help him! As he ran up to him, he grabbed the old man's hand to help him quickly cross the street. The car was speeding closer... and WHAM! Jacob closed his eyes to brace himself, but found nothing had happened.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself on the sidewalk again. But, he was still holding the old man's hand. Jacob looked up at the old man, who was smiling kindly. "You've done a good job, Jacob." Jacob was confused. "Your good deed would not have helped a man like myself, but you willingly sacrificed your own safety to try and save my life. For that, I must give you this." The old man pulled out a sphere. It was perfectly clear, as Jacob could see.

"This is the Pearl of Potential. See how it's clear? That means it's ready to grant a wish. Just for you." The old man pointed at Jacob. "But once you wish, it will need time to gain its powers once more. It will turn cloudy, like this." The old man made the pearl turn into a cloudy grey color. He shook it, and made it turn clear again. "Be wise with this power. With this, you can become truly strong to protect the ones around you. And you can do some real good in this world. So long."

In a blink, Jacob could no longer see the old man. He was gone in less than a second, but not without leaving the pearl with Jacob. He looked down at his palm, holding the massive pearl. Jacob wondered if what just happened was really true. He quickly ran back to his house, up the stairs, into his room, and put the pearl on his bedside table.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 memneron (UN: memneron at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
memneron has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2249844-The-Pearl-of-Potential/cid/3035985-Jacob-gets-the-Pearl