*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Mistakes Happen...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2257091-Shrunken-Boss/cid/3096778-Mistakes-Happen
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by guy14
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Other · #2257091
Your a manager that ends up shrunken to 1 inch tall
Chapter #1

Mistakes Happen...

    by: guy14
You are a hard working young man with a degree in engineering whom works at a research lab. And at age 28 you were able to grind your way up to being a manager, to which you worked as for about 9 months now. Everything seemed be going good for you as of now and there was even word that due to your performance another promotion could be coming up for you.

But all your good fortune would come to a close with one simple mistake. As due to one of the other managers getting sick, you were assigned to manage there department for the day. Which this was the testing department where everything that is researched is tested at.

You had arrived at your scheduled time and upon walking in one of the female lab assistants approached you to tell you that they are getting ready to present the first ever test of a machine that shrinks things for easier and more compact transportation. This idea presented to your company by the government.

You just nodded your head as you followed the lab assistant whom explains to you that one of the head general managers of the company will be attending the first test and observing what's going on. The general manager that will be attending is a woman named Karen L. whom is in charge of all the managers in the company.

Hearing that she will be there makes you sort of nervous as she could be attending to see if you are ready for a promotion or not. With that though both you and the assistant enter the testing laboratory where you see a few male and female lab assistants checking computers and getting ready for the presentation.

Right when you walked in though the General manager Karen takes little time in coming up to you and introducing herself to which you do the same before your interrupted by one of the lab assistants briefing you on the situation. While the general manager walks back over to her assistants.

Your presented to the shrinking machine which is a pad that shoots a beam of particle lights that bounce off a over hang upside down funnel and produces a beam that should shrink a desired target. There's a bit more science stuff involved but that is a clean gist.

Now it was time for the experiment to begin with a small bed side table being the test subject. You and the rest of the lab assistants were bunkered up in the safe room with a large Protective glass in front to view in on the machine. It was there that the machine was finally turned on. Though it didn't fire up right away as it needed a few minutes to fully heat up.

Though it was at this point in time that one of the lab assistants pointed out a problem in there temperature reading device, as it was not displaying the temperature of the machine. Hearing this you really wanted this experiment to go right so, you walked into the area with the machine and took a moment to look around. It was then you noticed a wire coming from the temperature reader that wasn't plugged into the machine.

Excited that you found the problem you walk over to the wire and plug it properly into the machine. To which it was at that moment everything went wrong. The machine is fully heated up and ready to go as a beam of light shoots upwards. Lab assistant's scrabble in the other room to turn off the machine. But it was to late.

Due to the noise of the machine you trip over some wires and fall on your back as you begin to stand p slowly you watch as the machine fully shrinks the bedside table. But then the machine begins to shake roughly as the beam begins to shatter outside of its intended range. It was then the light hits you as the lab assistants are rushing to get the machine off, a part inside of it breaks as smoke appears the light disappears.

The lab assistants rush in as the smoke clears and look around for you.

It was then you opened your eyes to see the lab assistants that were now towering above you as they were gigantic to you now. One spot you right away and points you out as Karen walks into the lab to ask what is going on, as she looks downward and sees you at an inch tall standing on the tile floor.

She is in a state of shock but only for a moment as she hears the other lab assistants begin to freak out. As a general manager she takes action as she reaches down and without your permission, she easily picks you up into her grasp.

While holding you in her palm she directs the lab assistants to leave, process the data, and see if there is a way to reverse this. After each one of them left and it was just you, Karen and a few random other people that work in the lab area. Karen lifts you up in her palm up to her face.

She looks at you for a moment as you are confused and unsure of what to do. Karen though has already thought of something as she say "Listen your manager of this company and I know this is a lot to take in. But accidents like these are bound to happen. I'm going to send out a memo to all employees in the company informing them of your current situation. And as for you,....".


(What does she decide to do with you?)
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 guy14 (UN: blackston22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
guy14 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2257091-Shrunken-Boss/cid/3096778-Mistakes-Happen