*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. All Roads Start In Rome
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2257269-All-Roads-Lead/cid/3098305-All-Roads-Start-In-Rome
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2257269
An adventuring interactive set in a historical, mythical Roman Empire
Chapter #1

All Roads Start In Rome

    by: Sung'manitu
It is the year 163 of the Empire. One hundred and sixty-three years have passed since that fateful day that Julius Caesar decided to cross the Rubicon. From that day forward, Rome cast off its Republican roots and became one of the greatest empires the world had ever known.

One hundred and sixty three years later, the Roman Empire is at the apex of its strength and shows no sign of weakening. The great Emperor Trajan has died, and the mysterious Matthaeus has taken his place. Many had expected Trajan's grandnephew-in-law Hadrian to become Caesar after him, but Trajan had seemed almost ensorcelled by Matthaeus. But who in Rome wasn't? On the battlefield, Matthaeus was as a ravenous lion. He was also well versed in a number of scholarly subjects, and was even rumored to be a magus.

The markets of Rome are filled with goods from all around the world, and its streets with all the disparate people who are denizens of the Empire. And not just human people. All sorts of beings live under the peace of Roman Law. Of course, Peace and Law begin to fray the further one travels away from the City of Rome, and becomes non-existent beyond the Empire's borders. But consider how far the borders of Rome extend, and how much further her influence goes! And under the rule of Matthaeus, the rule and influence of Rome will go farther still!

And consider how much more of the world is unknown. Why, only recently, explorers have returned with tales of lands beyond the Aethiopian Sea. A sea that was thought to be endless!

It is a great time to be alive, and a great time to possess an adventurous spirit. With a little luck and the right amount of boldness, your fortune is assured!

--------------------------------

Before your adventure begins, is your character male or female?

You have the following choices:

1. Male

2. Female

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Sung'manitu (UN: stephen.ret at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sung'manitu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2257269-All-Roads-Lead/cid/3098305-All-Roads-Start-In-Rome