*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Starting the journey
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2303552-Hypnotic-Journey/cid/MK7PZCRCM-Starting-the-journey
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2303552
Ash goes on a journey with a unique pokeflute. GP's for additions.
Chapter #1

Starting the journey

    by: John Johnny Johnson
Ash stood among the Elite 4 with his Venasaur, Charizard, and Balstoise. Professor Oak was congratulating him on being the youngest person to ever do so. "Come now, my boy. Let's get your name in The Hall of Fame." The door opened to his living room where there was pidgey, sausage, mashed potatoes and veg covered in gravy. He sat down to eat as Professor Oak started scribbling some notes. Suddenly, his mother came storming down the stairs and started yelling. "Ash! Come on, Ash!"

Ash then woke up with his mother nudging him, "Mom? What's wrong?"

She held up what was once a Voltorb alarm clock. "Honestly, I'd thought you'd have grown out of this by now."

Ash then realised he slept in again. He hung his head, "What time is it."

Delila chuckled a little, "Seven thirty." Ash looked up, realising he wasn't going to be late. "Wouldn't want to miss getting your first pokémon, would you? Now get up, you have an hour to get ready." Delila grabbed a bag and went to leave. She then turned around and quickly said, "Happy Brithday." And off she went for work.

After she left, Ash had a quick shower and started packing his bags. He found it difficult to choose how much he had to take with him. He needed to pack light for quick travel, but pack plenty as he didn't know how long he'd be on the road. He finally decided on his biggest backpack.

As he grabbed some toast, he turned the telly on to hear Professor Oak's interview. "-nder?" Great, he missed a practically all of it. "Well to be honest, I chose those three because of their changing nature. This will teach trainers the importance of adapting to different pokemon and situations."

The interviewer nodded, "And why make the age of travel 18? Isn't that a bit old to go wondering the country?"

Oak just smiled, "When I first visited Hisui, I was only 10. Many pokémon severely hurt me. Not because they were vicious, but because I was too young to understand how they perceived me as a threat. We decided on that age because that's when people start becoming more aware of their actions."

The interviewer nodded her head again, "I see. And one final question before you begin preparations for new trainers. You invented the pokédex and lead the Pokémon Research Society. As such, many people have moved to Pallet Town and its now almost Pallet City. How do you feel about that."

Oak seemed a little tired "Conflicted. While it is nice to see our little town grow, I feel sad knowing soon I won't know everyone by name."

The interviewer took the microphone away, "Thank you, professor. This is Emily Short with PKTV News-" Ash turned the TV off and left.

He then returned having forgotten to lock up.

Ash walked the street to Professor Oak's Lab, something he'd done many times when he was growing up. But now the streets were busy and had new buildings that made him change his route. Oak was always like a father to him, especially when his dad died. He never knew his dad, the only thing he remembered where the words "The only way you lose is if you give up." Ash always tried to live by those words, trying to keep his dad alive in some way.

As he entered the busiest part of town, he noticed a pokeflute. It was scratched and muddy, but looked fine. He grabbed a shirt from his bag and wrapped it up, making sure the rest of his close wouldn't get dirty.

A few minutes later, he noticed a 50 dollar note and thought it was his lucky day, until he felt someone grap him and pull him into an alleyway. There were two men in white uniforms and a red 'R' on the front. "Alright kid, give us your pokémon and no one gets hurt."

Ash couldn't believe his luck, "I- I don't have any, I was on my way to-" He was interuppted by a kick to the ribs.

"Water gun." Ash noticed a Wartortle walk from behind the trash. The pressure hurt his face and kept him from breathing. After what felt like minutes, he could finally breath but was choking on the water. "We don't have time for this. Give us your pokémon, now!"

Ash couldn't respond. In the few seconds that he'd been there, he already suffered to the point that he couldn't think. There was some barking he thought he could hear. There must have been because one of them went to see. He came running back, "Cops!" was all Ash heard before he lost consciousness.

When he woke up, he was in a hospital. "Nurse, he's awake." He looked over and saw a woman in a blue shirt and skirt. She looked just like Officer Jenny from those police shows and had an Arcanine with her.

Then Nurse Joy came in with her Blissey, "I'm glad to see your doing alright, I'm going to run some tests." She then took Ash's blood pressure, his heart rate and a few more things he wasn't sure about. She then looked at his chart, "Everything seems to be good. Blissey, can I have an egg?" Blissey pulled the egg out and head butted it, cracking the top. Nurse Joy then poured the content into a glass which got filled. "Drink this, it'll help."

He did and it tasted like a mixture of egg and honey, sweet but not too sweet. "How long was I out?" Ash asked.

Joy was straight with him, "Almost an hour, I thought you had a concussion but there was no signes you did."

He realised he missed the Trainer/Pokémon event and hung his head. "Can I go?"

Joy put the chart back, "You can if you want, but I'd like you to stay for another hour. Just to be safe."

Jenny then pipped in, "Would it be alright if I asked you some questions?" Ash had nowhere to be anymore, so he nodded. Jenny pulled out a small book. "Can you describe the people that attacked you?"

Ash thought carefully about it, "I don't know their height but they were average build, white skin, had white uniforms with a red 'R' on the front, and had a Wartortle."

Jenny wrote that down, "That's quite descriptive."

Ash shrugged, "I watch a lot of cop shows."

Jenny nodded, "Just a second, please. Oh, and I hope you don't mind but I cleaned your pokeflute while I waited."

When Jenny went over to speak with Joy, Ash pulled out the pokeflute and started playing it. It played brilliantly, why would anyone throw it away?

Jenny came back when he were done, "You're quite talented." She said, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Ash smiled, "Thanks. I used to play these alot as a kid. If you don't mind me saying, you're a lot cuter that the Jenny on TV." Jenny blushed, "Thanks, your quite handsome yourself." That got a small reaction of Ash. He then noticed Joy was stealing glimpses at him. "Is something wrong?"

Joy turned away, "Um, no." Ash wasn't convinced, "Its just, your kinda handsome."

Strange, Jenny and Joy were acting differently then they were a minute ago. Maybe it was the flute? Ash played again, this time paying attention. Jenny and Joy were acting quite happy at the music. Ash stopped and thought he'd try something, "How do you two feel?"

Jenny answered first, "Happy. In love. Maybe a little submissive."

Ash turned to Joy who said, "I feel the same."

Strange. "Jenny, would you mind kissing me?" Jenny blushed but learned in and gave a short, gentle and loving kiss. The flute seemed to have some affect on them. Maybe he should experiment further. Then again, he really wanted to go to Oak's Lab and hope there were any pokemon left. Maybe he could take them with him.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 John Johnny Johnson (UN: l0v3rs2g3tha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
John Johnny Johnson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2303552-Hypnotic-Journey/cid/MK7PZCRCM-Starting-the-journey