*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2305822-The-English-Cottage-Portal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · LGBTQ+ · #2305822
Alice and Henry find a curious door in the attic of a quaint cottage they just purchased.

Alice and Henry find a curious door in the attic of a quaint cottage they just purchased.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Alice and Henry bought an old English country cottage beside the ruins of an ancient church. It is a small one story house with an attic. The house is a "fixer-upper" and they begin renovations. They finish the main living areas with new kitchen, bathroom, floors, etc. and then decide to move to the attic because they want to have an additional bedroom when guests come over.

They haven't been in the attic, yet, so spend a day just exploring and thinking of how to fix it up. Then, they start removing old dusty boxes filled with pictures, clothing, and all manner of junk from the attic. The last piece they tackle is a large and very heavy armoire that had been filled with clothing. Behind the armoire they find a door that seemingly can't go anywhere as it is set against an outside wall and there is no opening on the outside. The door is nailed shut and there is evidence that someone or something tried to come through it from the other side.

Curiosity gets the better of them and they pry the rusty nails from the door where it had been sealed. So many nails. Someone did not want this door to ever open. The knob is rusted solid, but, with some effort and lubrication, they get it to wiggle. It's locked. Alice remembers seeing an old skeleton key covered in cobwebs hanging from a rafter on the other side of the attic. She retrieves the key and, sure enough, it fits the door. With a rusty squeak that sounds like a scream, the door unlocks. Henry turns the knob to open it. They peer inside, and despite it being a bright sunny day outside, all they see inside the opening is a dark void. Alice shivers and tells Henry, "Close it! I have a bad feeling about this!"

Henry laughs, but does as his wife asks. His curiosity is piqued, though. And, though her fear is real, she is also curious. They finish their work in the attic and stay there, talking and sketching out plans for turning it into the space they want, but both continually make furtive glances at the door. It is calling them.

============================================
The rules:
This is predominantly a TG story
No character death or grave injury
No underage or non-consensual sex
============================================

The initial options:
1. Alice steps through the door.
2. Henry steps through the door.
3. They close the door, fear overriding their curiosity.
4. They agree to step through together.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2305822-The-English-Cottage-Portal