*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Turn Back the Clock
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2310341-Young-Again/cid/TSBS45VVV-Turn-Back-the-Clock
by BeeJay
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2310341
Holly dreaded getting older,... until she found herself doing the opposite.
Chapter #1

Turn Back the Clock

    by: BeeJay
"Hope I die before I get old."
- The Who

"What a drag it is getting old."
- The Rolling Stones

"It turns me on to think of getting old."
- John Denver

Of those three options, I tended to agree with the middle one. But that was before everything changed.

My name is Holly Larson. I live in a nice two-story house in Norwalk, Connecticut. I shared it with my husband, Dylan; our eldest, Bobby; our daughter, Claire; and our youngest, Steve. I still share it with them; however, our relationships have changed significantly.

Dylan and I worked at an advertising firm in New York. You've seen our work at least a dozen times a day. Dylan still does it; for me, the future is less certain.

Our neighbors are Cynthia Wedman and Amy Terziak. They're a lovely couple. They have an 8-year-old daughter, Emily; Claire babysits her, from time to time.

Beyond work and family, my major interest was in preserving my youthful appearance. I went all out in my endeavors to defy the passage of time: Checking my hairline twice a day, on the lookout for any gray; regular Botox injections; a nightly moisturizing mask; and just about any cream and lotion on the market. If you want to say I was vain and shallow, I won't argue with you; not anymore.

It was from the nurse who gave me my Botox injections that I heard about an upcoming clinical trial for an experimental treatment. No painful injections; no messy creams; just the promise of firmer, younger-looking skin.

And maybe, if I had been more patient, that would have been all I got from it. Or, if I hadn't been so vain and shallow, I wouldn't have wanted the stuff in the first place.

Instead, I got my wish. And you know what they say: "Be careful what you wish for; you may get it."

If I knew who said that first, I would give them full credit; but I don't. Instead, I'll give you another appropriate quote, from The Byrds:

"Ah, but I was so much older then;
I'm younger than that now."

You have the following choices:

1. Rejuvix

2. Cast of Characters

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BeeJay (UN: bartfargo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BeeJay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2310341-Young-Again/cid/TSBS45VVV-Turn-Back-the-Clock