*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Feast Of Surprises
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2311001-The-Holiday-Swap-Chronicles/cid/HWY8XLY36-A-Feast-Of-Surprises
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Writing.Com · #2311001
A Thanksgiving this family will never forget.
Chapter #1

A Feast Of Surprises

    by: TheSwapper
The kitchen hummed with activity as Lexy and her family prepared for their traditional Thanksgiving gathering. Lexy, clad in a whimsical turkey-print apron, expertly diced vegetables beside her mother, Kristella, who skillfully basted the turkey in the oven.

"Mom, could you pass me the potatoes?" Lexy asked, her long, ebony hair tied in a loose ponytail.

Kristella nodded, her medium-length blonde locks framing her face as she reached for the bag of potatoes. "Here you go, sweetie. Do you think Tommy will arrive soon?"

Lexy grinned, her eyes bright with anticipation. "He said he's on his way. I can't wait for him to join us."

Meanwhile, Ruben, Lexy's stepfather, meticulously set the table, his bald head gleaming under the kitchen lights. "Make sure we have enough chairs for everyone, Ruben," Tina, Lexy's grandmother, chimed in from her seat at the table, her short, platinum-blonde hair catching the light.

"Of course, Tina," Ruben replied with a smile, knowing well his mother in laws meticulous attention to detail.

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Josh, Lexy's brother, who bounded into the kitchen with a wide grin. "Hey, everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Hey, Josh!" Lexy exclaimed, setting down her knife to embrace her brother. "Glad you could make it."

Josh returned her hug, his hazel eyes twinkling with excitement. "Wouldn't miss it for the world. How's everything going in here?"

As the family continued their preparations, laughter and conversation filled the air, mingling with the enticing aromas of roasting turkey and simmering gravy. Despite the flurry of activity, there was a sense of warmth and togetherness that only came from spending the holiday surrounded by loved ones. Just as the kitchen reached its peak of bustling energy, the doorbell chimed, signaling the arrival of Tommy, Lexy's boyfriend. With a swift, eager pace, Lexy rushed to the door, her turkey-print apron swaying with each step.

"Tommy!" she exclaimed, throwing open the door to reveal her tall, slim boyfriend standing there with a warm smile.

"Hey, Baby!" Tommy greeted her, leaning in for a quick kiss before stepping inside. He was dressed casually in jeans and a sweater, his tan complexion glowing in the warm light of the kitchen.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Tommy!" Kristella greeted him warmly, setting aside her basting brush to hug him.

"Thanks, Kristella. Happy Thanksgiving to you too," Tommy replied, returning the hug with genuine affection.

Ruben, ever the gracious host, extended a hand to Tommy. "Welcome, son. Glad you could join us."

"Thanks, Ruben. It's great to be here," Tommy said, shaking Ruben's hand firmly.

Tina beamed at Tommy from her seat at the table. "You're just in time, dear. Dinner will be ready soon."

Tommy grinned, his brown eyes sparkling with excitement. "I can't wait. Everything smells amazing."

As the family gathered around the kitchen island, laughter and chatter filled the air, blending seamlessly with the tantalizing aromas of Thanksgiving dinner. With Tommy's arrival, the circle felt complete, and the warmth of their bond enveloped them all, promising a holiday filled with love, laughter, and unforgettable memories.

You have the following choices:

1. Lexy and Ruben Swap

2. Tommy and Kristella Swap

*Noteb*
3. Tina and Josh Swap

4. Other Choices

5. Introduce New Character(s)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 TheSwapper (UN: byakugan13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheSwapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2311001-The-Holiday-Swap-Chronicles/cid/HWY8XLY36-A-Feast-Of-Surprises