*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Booting Up the Game
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320936-Zeta-II/cid/P32Q8272J-Booting-Up-the-Game
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2320936
Zeta II, a RPG for the LayStation 2. Explore a wide world and discover your true self!
Chapter #1

Booting Up the Game

    by: Keroro04
Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

*six hours later*

Loa-

Zeta II!

>New Game
Continue
Options
Wi-Fi

*klik*

___


Thirty years ago... in the land of Mysidian. The legendary hero Zeta Orchidia witnessed her home town be burnt down by the Demon Lord Armage's armies, led by the fiendish General Zomm. She watched in horror as everyone around her was either turned into mindless undead or were devoured and ripped apart by the newly turned. She was only spared the unfortunate fate by her father, who entrusted to her an amulet that could repel the taint of undeath at the cost of sacrificing his own safety, knowing that he himself could not turn the tides due to previous wounds.

Fleeing her home town, Zeta explored far and wide and encountered many other people, fighting off the forces of evil every time she came across them. She encountered the mighty elven archers of the north, made a deal with the Dwarves to explore the southern deserts, freed the Kobolds of the West from their Vampiric slavers, and more. Not all of her conquests were good however... in particular her failure to stop the genocide of the Merfolk in the far east, culminating in the Sahaguin rendering the entire race extinct. Still, she managed to gain a ally from each region of the world, who stayed by her side until the very end.

Still, regardless of whatever losses she encountered she trudged onward. Eventually, she learned of a plot by the Demon Lord to corrupt the entire planet, using the heart of the noble princess Eliza. While attempts were made to hide Eliza by using illusory magic to make her appear much, much fatter than she actually was... unfortunately Zomm saw far past that and managed to capture the maiden as she tried to run away (contrary to the illusion, she was very much mobile due to her only being somewhat chubby rather than nearly immobile).

In order to save Eliza, Zeta travelled to the heavens using the world's first Airship to meet with the Mother Goddess, Scathath. Gifted the legendary sword Fragarach, Zeta was able to pierce through the miasma that surrounded the gate to the underworld, in order to rescue Eliza once in for all. And in this conquest, she succeeded at great cost, losing one of her arms in the final battle against the Demon Lord but managing to kill Armage thanks to a distraction from her Elven ally, the knight Alveric.

Following this final battle, upon returning to the surface world Zeta smartly retired from heroics and wed Eliza, as the two had built a great romance during the adventure. For their parts, Zeta entrusted the pieces of Fragarach to each of her allies, to ensure the blade could never fall into the hands of evil. After all, Zomm was still alive and wandering the world...

To Alveric, Zeta entrusted him with the hilt, and helped in building up Erl into a proper kingdom to protect the forests forevermore. To the dwarven prospector Lucilla, she entrusted to her the Jewel of Faraday which held the blade's light-based powers, and gave her the funds to create the airship company of her dreams. To the Kobold Blueclaw, Zeta entrusted her with the small tip of the blade while giving the Kobolds a vow to forever protect them from slavery.

As for the base of the blade, that was meant to be given to the last Mermaid, Azura. However, as Azura decided to travel to the depths of the ocean in order to find a way to revive her race it was decided Zeta herself was to hold on to the last piece of the blade. In spite of that, she still entrusted Azura with the pendant that she was entrusted to, so that if she fell she at least wouldn't be turned into a monster during her travels.

"Woah... mom was that powerful when she was young? I thought she was just a humble lumberjack or something! Badass..."

30 years later, and now the world was a different place. Time passed, and Zeta eventually bared child with Eliza using a magic spell. And now, that child happened upon her mother's own diary in the middle of the night. This red-haired child, now a woman of 20 years herself... was also named Zeta.

As she read through her mother's diary, Zeta was amazed by what the OG Zeta had encountered during her travels. Giant volcanos, kingdoms swallowed into the ocean, and treasures beyond what could be comprehended by a mere mortal... and her mom apparently experienced it all. It was absolutely amazing with what could be achieved in this!

In fact... it was almost too good. Was this another one of her mom's fake diaries, built to protect her from her past so she could continue smothering her? She almost considered it as such... until she saw a picture attached to the back of the book, showcasing her taking a picture of her mom next to the chunky Lucilla on the opening day of the latter's airship company, Ironbeard Foundry.

The very same smithing company that nowadays made everything she used, from the crowbar and rapier she used in combat to the thief's tools she "acquired" in order to get the diary in the first place. Even the airships which now dotted the skies above Mysidian were made by the Ironbeards, an amazing leap forward in the field of magitek.

And after a quick search through the library... the dates matched up as to the founding of the company, both in the diary and official record books. This was legit. She was not only the daughter of a great hero, but apparently had the same great potential that her mother once had! All she needed to do was get out and discover for herself how great she could be!

Get out...

Get... out...

Therein lied the problem. Following her birth, the OG Zeta became extremely doting on her, treating her life with a silver spoon almost as much as her other mom, Eliza. She always tried raising her daughter with utmost care and comfort, doing everything she could to make sure she lived as peaceful of a life as possible. Because of this, her mother watched her like a hawk when awake, and was easily going to find out if she fled in the middle of the night.

Not to mention... well, while she had the potential she wasn't exactly the most fit due to how she was raised. Rather than the fit physique of her mom, Zeta II was rather pudgy around the midsection, a potbelly peeking beneath her tunic and with a highly endowed chest. Her ass cheeks thankfully didn't clap wherever she walked, though she still didn't like how big they were as it made fitting into pants... somewhat difficult. Manageable, but difficult.

Was she really going to survive out there in the world? Would she risk it all and go out?

"Hmmmm... this is a toughie. Oh, I know! Lucky coin, you never fail me! Heads, I go out into the world and never look back. Tails, I'll stay for a few months first to learn as much as I can."

Taking a hold of her lucky coin, Zeta held it close to her chest as she prayed hard into it. A long time ago, back when she was 12 she had stolen the first time by stealing a gold coin from the royal stash. Money was what inspired her to mimic the rogues she loved so much in novels, and just from picking up her first coin she placed a lot of faith in it, promising to never let it go.

As she tossed it up in the air, a shooting star rocketed across the sky. From there, the world briefly flashed a bright purple around her as light from the star shined upon the coin. In what seemed like a instant... the coin flashed forward, already appearing in her hands without so much as making a clinging sound on the floor or anything else, and with her already kneeling without so much as having chosen to make such a choice.

It was almost as if time skipped forward in that brief instant, leaving only the result. Speaking of which...

"...Dunno what that was, but the coin says heads! I'm heading out!"

___


With that, Zeta fled home. As a rogue, it was somewhat simple just to get out since she could pick through every lock. However, the difficult part was cleaning up as much evidence as she could of where she was headed. She had placed the diary back where she found it, but had to work double duty to make it appear as if she never came across it.

Even then, it was a sloppy job. Her mom's focused eyes were certain to see something wrong, which meant she needed to act fast. Thankfully, she had managed to bring with her a few books in order to have some help. In particular, she carried the "Adventurer's Guide to Mysidian", by Pamela Adenna. This mythical book was meant to teach new adventurers all about travelling and questing, and was perfect for a quick tutoring for what she needed.

"Okay, time to open you up..."

As expected, the book was very much... more boring than she had expected. It seemed to segway into various weird topics only loosely connected with regular travel... but it did hold the info she needed. As she skimmed through the book, she eventually came across what she needed to know.

Namely, what was needed to survive the first week as a adventurer. And what such a adventurer needed in order to do that was...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. ...Friends

*Noteb*
2. ...Fortunes

*Noteb*
3. ...Fame

*Noteb*
4. ...Food

*Noteb*
5. ...Freedom (To Explore)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Keroro04 (UN: keroro04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keroro04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320936-Zeta-II/cid/P32Q8272J-Booting-Up-the-Game