*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1008377-Sitting-waiting
by samuel
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1008377
Sitting and waiting for the inevitable.
As i sit in the kitchen scotch in one hand cigar in the other, i wonder how i could have got into this situation.

It's 8pm and i know it will all be over soon. I realise my mistake now if only i hadn't become involved, if only i hadn't done the things i've done.

It's 8:15 and i can see them outside my apartment window. I knew they'd come sooner or later later preferably, but time means nothing to them, nor life. In my time serving with them it was nothing to kill ten to fifteen people a night. It wasn't worth it, to take life i mean well not for a couple of thousand. I thought it would be preety cool being in the mafia until i realised i'd come to far. suddenly i heard two noises i'd been dreading
'Thud'
'Thud'
I quickly glanced at my watch 8:30. How fast time goes when you know the end is near.

"Hello Mr smith or should i say Mr Fivaro how long did you think it would take us to find you. And how original you are with a fake name like John Smith did you think that would fool us?"

"Well it bought me time and thats all i ask just a bit more time."

"No, no more time, you should have done your job when you had the chance. Now there's cops raiding my home trying to find evidence linking me to the disapearence"

"I'm sorry that i have respect for life"

"You should have thought about that before you chose the industry and tried to screw over the don"

"But ..."BANG".........."

I've killed so many people but never inagined the feel of a bullet to the stomach. I used the technique many a time to get information from my targets slow blood flow but alot of pain.


As i think back to the day we killed Jack Wright, like i have every day for the past few weeks i can't get the images of his wife coming home to see her husbands corpse. She had nothing to do with the cocaine, i've been so stupid how could my life be comming to such a quick end. At least Jack had family, i have no one, my family don't know where i am i haven't seen them for years. I now realise as i sit curled up in a ball in this stingy apartment slowly bleeding to death i couldn't avoid the inevitable.
© Copyright 2005 samuel (bromanator at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1008377-Sitting-waiting