*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039117-Crazed-Killer
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1039117
Four teenage friends encounter a strange, eerie cabin while running from the police.


Crazed Killer
  
This short story was first a play my friends and I performed in theatre. This story is based on the play.

 
“Hey, lets go for a ride!” Johnny said. Reese and Mackenzie hesitated - the boys always did crazy things. “Come on,” Eric chimed in. “Okay, but try not to do anything stupid this time,” Reese said.
The four friends piled into the Chevy Trailblazer. They drove around for awhile, Johnny continually swerving all over the road, just being himself. It was very quiet in the small SUV. The guys were definately up to something. They passed an old, run-down barn. The dark red paint was chipping off it, revealing an old bronze tin. Johnny slowly made his way to the side of a cop car that had been ahead of us. He slowed down. All of a sudden, Eric pulled out a gun and shot the tailgate of the cop car. “Eric!” Mackenzie shrieked. The cop car’s sirens began to sound, and the cop started to chase them. “Faster, Johnny!” Eric yelled. “You idiots!” Reese screamed. “Hey, you didn’t have to come,” Johnny grinned.
They drove a good 15 miles, and the cop was still on their tail. Then, the car started sputtering. The gas was low. “Okay everyone, on three, jump out!” Eric yelled. The vehicle came to a halt. “1…2…3!” They all jumped out and ran out into the freezing snow. They kept running through the woods until they thought they had lost the cop. When they stopped, they were gasping for air. They walked a little more until they spotted an old abandoned cabin.
“I don’t think we should go in there,” Reese said, “Something feels strange about this place. " Mackenzie nodded her head in agreement. “Oh, come on, you chickens!” Johnny teased. The boys walked towards the cabin. Reluctantly, Reese and Mackenzie followed.
They stepped into the cabin. It smelled old, and there was another smell that none of them could identify. They looked around the great room a bit longer. “Hello,” Eric yelled, “Anyone in here?”
They heard a shuffling noise from the back of the cabin. Footsteps were moving slowly towards them, but they couldn’t see a thing.
Creek! Whatever it was was opening the door to the great room. In stepped an old man, with a huge shotgun in his hand. Reese and Mackenzie shrieked in horror. Reese, Eric, Mackenzie, and Johnny all stepped back. The old man said nothing. He cocked his gun and started shooting. “Ah!” Johnny yelled in pain. The old man left through the window.
Johnny had been shot in the back. Eric, Reese, and Mackenzie ran to Johnny’s side. His eyes looked faded, and he turned pale. He was dead. Reese sat beside him, crying. Eric pulled her up, and pulled Mackenzie with him. “We have to leave,” he managed to say, his voice cracking.
The three ran back, and soon found their way to the road. The cop was still there. He drove them back home.
The next morning, the parents walked into the teenagers’ bedrooms to see how they were doing, and found bullets and blood on the teenagers’ beds. The police searched for them, but there was no sign of them anywhere. They disappeared without a trace, only the blood left behind.
© Copyright 2005 Peacefish (peacefish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039117-Crazed-Killer