*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042144-Just-A-Breezer
by somgod
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1042144
Akcaims' jump start.
Leafing Order
Just a Breezer
I was Ion, or as on the net Akcaims. I was a breezer, and like most of us, with no Creds and no O., I had nothing and was willing to bet it. Nothing to lose, you know. I had a O. once. He told me that I was nothing, that I had nothing and the thought of me being M.O., even just for a second, was so funny it went off the charts into an area of humor so outrageous it wasn’t even funny. He was a weird guy. I was Kruzin’, probably the best way to get noticed, but apparently not for me. I had yet to get apped. Worse, I wasn’t even a Certed. I had no creds for the certification, and it’s hard to get noticed if you aren’t a Certed. My dam says I should give it up, just let it go and get hooked. Like I could, once you’ve won a game, it stays with you. I don’t know how most of the hooked put up with it, like a disease it stays with you, the desire. I guess that stems back to the days when we had no Sims, when we actually fought to the death as massive behemoths. I wonder what it would be like to be so big. (Although, then I would not have the knowledge of spirit that I do now. In fact, most from that era didn’t know how to fly!) Well I suppose it wouldn’t be so bad if you’d never won, for the hooked that is, but I had, and couldn’t give up the feeling. I was a junky juvie, at 15 D.K.S.s, when most my age had either gotten hooked or gone on to become at least an O. But I was never one to give up. I just couldn’t give up, not with only 2 D.K.S.s in the game, no, it would take at least 4 before I gave up. I know one thing, though, I’ll never get hooked, never. I just couldn’t do it, even if it would mean being a Z.Z. It would be worth it, going Z I mean, if I didn’t have to get hooked. Sorry, dam, but this bird flies free.
Kruzin’, the juvie term for floating bodiless through the net, looking for either a G.O., or if you got no creds like me, a T.O. I don’t know why they say it’s the best way to get apped, but they do. I don’t know much about being apped, only that you need a lot more kudos than I have. I usually end up betting more kudos than I should, in games where my Op. is generally at least an O., which always ends up wrong somehow, even if I win. Well, whatever, I was Kruzin’ and loving it, sometimes I wonder if I like winning or Kruzin’ more, but how could I ever lose the taste of victory? Cratania’s V.S.C. is amazing, simply breathtaking, not that anyone breathes in the net. It would take 60 D.K.S.s to completely know this city. It is lovely, and Kruzin’ through it is a superb feeling, especially when you’re not looking for anything particular. I was looking for something though. Obviously having no creds I couldn’t possibly G.O., but I always play off the chance that some oldster will take the chance of a T.O. on me. Slim chance, but better than nothing. Plus, if I do happen to win, it usually earns me the nice stuff for a K.O.S. Usually I only get what I make, which is fine, for a juvie, but if I ever want to be more than that I gotta step it up a notch.
Finally, an offer, he’d been in the game about three times as long me, and had about four times the kudos. Not an oldster, per say, but older than me, and the offer was pretty substantial. His N.N. was Forkan, which was all he let me know. He let me have an ax. I said, “Nothing in particular, but it’d be great if we could UL.”
“Sure” he said, “Just my kind of game.”
“Alright, O.M., shall we immerse?”
“Please don’t use that juvie slang around me Ion, but no not yet, just wait. There’s a Watcher.”
A Watcher! I almost Loffed, I was so shocked. This could be my big chance, the big chance I’d been waiting for, if the Watcher likes me, from the way I fight, win or no, I could get picked up. Even be made a Certed, even be taken to O., and if he really likes me he could even app me, but that’s getting ahead of myself. I was also curious as to how he knew my created name. So I said,
“Who is this Watcher, just out of curiosity?”
“Oh, you’ll find out, but don’t think I’ll go easy on you.”
“Of course not, well, shall we go then?”
“Yes, he’s here, let’s play.”
And so we immersed, as a crazy psychedelic shifting seemingly paradox of colors swirled around me, and the scene of Cratania’s lesser well known bars disappeared. Then the game sim of a UL. match came into view out of the craziness of the Swirl.
Wild out-growing rocks surrounded us with a pitch black sky, but I could still see, I could always see. The first thing I saw was a glowing blue triforce coming right at my face, but I was ready. I swept up with a brown face guard, threw a red grenade towards Forkan, and flew away, up and to the left. He got hit full force, and recoursed, cursing, flying straight up at me, charging some attack. I tried a quick green punch, but he caught it and threw me sideways. Apparently he thought that was enough to throw me off, because he shot 20 purple balls at me, and an extremely long black tenctacle, but again I was ready. I synthed out an ABS wall just in time. While it may have taken a lot out of me, it didn’t take nearly as much as his attack would have. Plus, I used the extra energy to send him a complimentary shockwave, which he took full on. Then, while he was still dazed I rushed at him. I grabbed on to him and dove straight at the ground, he was quick enough to get in a theracycle, but we were still going at least 23 TPJ. I let go of him at the last second, and he drove into the rocks about 6 Thurons in. He obviously didn’t like that, because it ended the match. I was so flushed with victory I almost forgot about the Watcher. But I was quickly reminded when I heard a voice yelling at me back at the M.G.,
“IOOON! Do you have any idea what you’re doing!? You completely creamed my best soldier, and in record time too. I won’t be made a fool of by some juvie with no credit!”
“Sorry, sir.” I was appalled, this was Goffna, the most prestigious N.O. ever, no one had ever had so many wins, or so many fighters in the history of the game.
“Not unless he’s on my team that is.”
“W-What!?” I asked, incredulous.
“I’ve been watching you, Ion, and you have been my next chose for some time now. You have a tendency to rush recklessly into things and sometimes don’t know what’s going on, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player with so much talent. So I’m asking you, if you want to, join my team. Here’s the Loc. if you’re interested.”
“Yes sir.” Then, still not daring to believe it, I Loffed, and walked on in the wet streets of Cratania, with a slip of paper in my hand…
© Copyright 2005 somgod (daje at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042144-Just-A-Breezer