*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059600-Maybe-More-Than-Best-Friends-Forever
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1059600
Two young friends slowly become more than just best friends.
Robby opened the gate to his neighbors huge yard, pushing the two huge excited German Shepards off of him as they attempted to either eat or lick his face.
"Come on guys, settle down! Ow, Sheva!" he laughed as the female sniffed at him and nudged at his rear. The male, Gerard, nipped at him lightly.
Robby shook his head and walked across the large green field towards the large white house, Gerard and Sheva jogging on either side of him. Today was only two days away from the beginning of summer, according to the calendars. Robby knew his friend loved Spring and Summer, however sunny and bright they may be. She loved the green grass and tall trees, and she absolutely loved it when it rained hard, even though the skies remained light gray or sunny. Robby liked Summer too, but he liked Fall the best. Especially when his friend played in the leaves with him. The two were both 13, Robby soon to be 14. He always teased his friend about how short she was compared to everyone, an how she was usually the youngest of her friends by months.
As Robby approached the white house, his black clothes standing out against the bright colors around him, the red door opened and his friend smiled at him. The dogs jumped over to the thin girl, licking her face as she laughed. Her name was Vivian, but everyone called her Viv or Vivy. She had dyed white hair that was cut very short, dangling inches from her shoulders. In the summer she became very tan, and her pale complexion was already darkening.
Vivian settled her dogs and ran to her friend, jumping and wrapping her arms around his neck. Robby stumbled back and swung her in a few circles before setting her on her feet.
"Robby!" she laughed. "I haven't seen you in forever!"
"I just saw you yesterday!" he chuckled.
"Yeah, but I hate it when you're gone," she pouted cutely.
Robby just laughed. The two were best friends and just couldn't get enough of each other. They loved each other like brother and sister, but lately Robby had been noticing just how beautiful Vivian was. Vivian had been feeling the same way for a few years now.
"So, yesterday was finally the last day of the school year, and now we have an entire three months to goof off with each other," Robby said.
"I can't wait to go to the pool again!" Vivian sighed.
"Viv, you went two days ago."
"I love water!"
Robby just shook his head as Vivian fell back into the green grass. He looked her over. Vivian was about 5 foot 4, wearing a black long sleeve shirt under a purple short sleeve, and black pants cut off just below her knee with her chunky black boots that went just above her ankles. Her skin was smooth and her eyes were a shocking emerald green. Nobody would believe she wasn't wearing colored contacts. Robby thought she looked like a beautiful painting laying in the soft grass. Vivian had a low self esteem, but so did Robby. And both usually told the other how great the other looked. And it was very true. Robby was exactly 6 feet tall, and he was also thin. He had crystal blue eyes outlined in smudged black eyeliner and shaggy dark brown hair hidden beneath a black skull cap. His skin was pale, and he burned during the Summer, tanning very little. His lips were pink and perfect, especially in Vivian's eyes. Robby was also sporting layers today, wearing a black long sleeves beneath a black tee and baggy black pants. They kept him very cool, hough, rather than making him sweat like a pig. Both had their nails painted black, and Vivian often bit them. But Robby as always there to stop her. And he pulled her hand away from her lips once more as he sat down beside her in the grass.
"You seriously need to drop that habbit, Viv," he told her. "You looked better with nails."
Vivian laughed and sat up, gazing at him. Robby suddenly felt himself blush as her eyes bore into him. He looked at the ground, fiddling with the grass.
"Um, do you want to go somewhere later?" he asked nervously. "With..me?"
"I'd love to go somewhere with you, Robby!" Vivian smiled.
Robby looked up at her, beaming. "Okay!"
He jumped to his feet and offered her a hand, pulling the girl to her feet. Vivian tripped and fell into his chest, blushing madly.
"Sorry!" she said, quickly stepping back and tugging at her shirt.
Robby just blinked, his attention on the shirt she was pulling. He soon realized he was staring at her developed chest and looked away quickly, turning red. He began to walk backwards towards the gate and said, "I gotta go. Uh, I'll call you, okay?"
Vivian nodded shyly, twisting her fingers behind her back. Robby smiled and waved before turning towards the gate and jogging home. Vivian raised a hand and whispered, "Bye..."



Vivian sat in her marble bathtub, completely relaxed in the warm water. She lay her head back on the edge of the tub, staring at the ceiling and awaiting a certain call. The sun was still high in the blue sky even though it was five. Vivian smiled at the thought of the sun setting and nine thirty. Raising a leg above the large bubbles and looking at her shin, Vivian ran a finger down the skin. It was smooth and would probably stay that way for a day or two. She never did have much hair except on her head, which was a very good thing. Vivian closed her eyes and sank into the water, holding her breath. Everything became deathly quiet as her hair floated around her face. Then a faint ringing echoed through the room and she opened her eyes, gasping as she pushed her head through the water. Vivian hurriedly stood up and reached for a towel, succeeding only in slipping and falling back into the water. Sheva burst through the bathroom door and bit down on a towel, pulling it from the rack as Vivian climbed out of the tub.
"Thanks!" she said, taking the white towel form the dog. Vivian ran into her bedroom and picked up the phone as it rang again.
"Hello?" she said hopefully.
"Vivian?" Robby's voice said into her ear.
"Robby! I'm so happy to hear your voice!!"
Vivian heard Robby laugh and said, "I'll be over to pick you up in half an hour."
"Where are we going?" asked Vivian.
"It's a surprise!"
"Can't you tell me and I'll act surprised?"
"No!" Robby laughed. "You might want to get a swimsuit though."
Vivian squealed, something she rarely did."You rock!"
"I know," said Robby. "Gotta go. See you in thirty minutes!"
"Bye!" Vivian said before setting down the receiver. Then she jumped in the air and yelled, "YESSSS!!!!"
Sheva stood before her, her butt wagging side to side with her tail. She was excited too, or else her tail would be the only thing moving.
"I'm going swimming with Robby!" Vivian said happily, hurrying into her closet. She emerged in a black tank top with a few buttons on it that said things like "Rock On" and "I Have The Grim Reaper's Number." She had on black capris with lots of pockets and zippers and of course, her boots. She put black armwarmers and wristbands on her long arms and combed out her straight hair. Vivian heavily applied eyeliner and mascara to her big eyes and long lashes. Since it was a special occasion, she also put on black lipstick. Vivian decided to keep a pencil and lipstick with her since she would be swimming and would need to re-apply all of it. Her swimsuit was underneath her clothes so she could strip easily. When she was done getting ready, Vivian turned to her huge dog and said, "Wish me luck, Sheva."
The dog barked and titled her head, panting. Vivian smiled and thanked her before running down the stairs to the door, the chains on her belt loops rattling softly. The housekeeper, Jesse was at the door, adjusting a vase of flowers next to it. She stood up straight and smiled down at Vivian.
"Where you goin' Viv?" she asked.
"Robby's taking me out tonight!" Vivian smiled.
"Ahh, I see. I'll tell your parents. Have a good time!" she laughed, walking into the kitchen.
Vivian smiled and jumped as someone knocked on the door. She opened it and jumped on Robby with a hug. He was dressed in the same thing as earlier, but his hair was less messy and he was cleaner.
"Ready?" he asked.
"Always!"
The two ran to the gate and Robby got onto his bike, Vivian standing behind him on the begs and wrapping her arms around him. She loved taking his bike.



The first stop was an broken down hotel where a party was being held. Robby led her inside and the two laughed as they danced together. Paul Oakenfold's "Starry Eyed Surprise" was blasting through the building and everyone was having a good time. The two friends danced to rock music as well as electronica, and snapped a few tables in the proccess. After the party was over, they walked outside and Vivian smiled up a the light gray sky as it began to rain lightly. Robby gazed at her, wondering what was going through her head. Then he grinned and picked her up suddenly.
"AGH!! Robby, what are you doing?!" Vivian exclaimed.
"Taking you to the pool!" he laughed, running down the street.
When they arrived, Vivian kicked as she struggled and pushed away from Robby.
"Put me down!" she laughed.
"Okay," he shrugged, getting ready to throw her into the pool.
"NO!" she screamed, wrapping her arms around his neck and clinging to him.
Robby blushed and set her down. She shook her head as she pulled off her shirt and wristbands. Robby stood there wide-eyed as he watched her strip to her swimsuit. She pulled off her pants, revealing her black shorts. Tied around her neck and chest were the small strings keeping her black bikini on her small body. Vivian turned to Robby who pulled off his shirt and pants. He had blue swimshorts on. Vivian tried her best not to look at his chest and gasped as he picked her up again. Robby grinned like a wolf as he tossed her into the warm water. Vivian surfaced and glared up at him while he smirked down at her. But then his eyes widened slightly and he stared at her. Her make-up was running, making her looks like a Fallen Angel. She looked so beautiful...
Robby snapped out of his trance and jumped into the water by her, splashing the girl.
"Robby!" she laughed.
"Vivy!" Robby replied.
Vivian just smiled at him, his eyes almost hidden behind his wet bangs. He jumped on her and submersed, tugging on her ankle. Vivian screamed before he pulled her underwater and held her hips, staring at her below the clear water. Vivian gazed into his blue eyes before smirking and pushing off of him, resurfacing. The two splashed around for a while before getting out and dressing. The two walked to Vivian's house together as the sun began set. The rain had gotten heavier by the time they reached the gate. Vivian leaned against it and said, "Wow....thanks for taking me...out."
"Thanks for the good time!" Robby said, rubbing the back of his neck. Robby watched Vivian gaze at the sky before stepping closer to her. She looked into his eyes and felt his warm breath on her lips. Robby slowly closed his eyes as he touched his lips to hers and Vivian wrapped her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her petite body, kissing her passionately. When they slowly pulled away, he pulled the gate open for her and she walked through it.
"Bye," she whispered to him.
Robby waved before she disappeared into the rain.

A few days later, Robby heard a knock on his door, interrupting his reverie. He had been thinking of how he'd kissed his best friend two days ago. How could they have gone from friends to...this? Robby turned the handle and blinked in surprise as two familiar arms had wrapped around his neck.
"Robby!" Vivian exclaimed happily.
"Vivian! What are you doing here?" he asked.
"I had to see you! You know I can't stand to be away from you for so long."
He smiled and the two ran off into the fields between their houses, laying next to each other on the grass.
"It's finally Summer," Robby said.
"Isn't it great?" Vivian replied softly. "Everything is so beautiful..."
So are you, Robby thought.
"What?" Vivian exclaimed, looking at him.
Robby turned red. He hadn't realized he said it aloud.
Then he sat up and said, "I'm sorry, I-"
"It's okay," Vivian giggled.
Robby looked down at her, smiling. Then he leaned over her, smiling at her shocked expression. Robby leaned down until their faces were an inch apart.
"Robby..." she breathed.
He placed a finger on her lips then pulled it away. "Vivian, I think I love you," he whispered softly.
Vivian smiled and said, "I think I love you, too..."
Then Robby closed the distance between their faces and kissed her perfect lips. They wrapped their arms around each other and fell alseep in each others warm embrace moments later.

***

© Copyright 2006 Mikey Graffiti (graffiti_boy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059600-Maybe-More-Than-Best-Friends-Forever