*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060283-The-Ice-Princess
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1060283
Not quite sure, it just came out this way and i am not sure i should alter it.
Once there was a talented artist who lived alone in a shack. His heart was hurting at the recent loss of his family and he wanted to be alone. He would take long walks in the snow and wish desperately for his family to return. He was walking one day when it began to snow, he took shelter inside a cave until the snow had lessened. Exploring the cave he found a large block of ice. He didn't know why, but he felt he must do something with it. He ran all the way home and got his sled. Hooking up his horse, he led it to the cave to load up the block of ice. Once he got it home, he got his tools nad began to carve and shape the ice. He had no rhyme or reason, just the intense desire to create something from the ice. He did not eat or sleep for several days until he had finished it. A life sized ice sculpture. He had carved it in the image of his lost daughter at the age of ten. The ice curls look so real and the dress was a floor length gown. With a royal robe etched out perfectly. The eyes so full of expression, of merriment and mischief at the same time. Exhausted, the artist passed out on his bed.

While he slept,the winds blew gently and a light came in through the window. Slowly the light got bigger until an angel was standing there. She walked around the statue looking at it carefully.
"Wake little one, I breathe life into you." she whispered into the little ear. The statue blinked and rubbed her eyes and looked around, then she noticed the snow angel.
"Who are you?" The little girl asked.
"I am the Snow Angel. I try to bring happiness to those hwo are hurting so much." The Angel replied softly.
"But I am not hurting." the ice girl responded.
"No, you are not, but look over there,"the angel pointed. "That man lost his wife and daughter and his pain is so great he does not wish to live. He needs someone to show him how to move on."
The little girl beheld the man, who even in his sleep seemed very sad. She felt bad for him, she turned to the angel. "He looks very sad, what can I do?"
"Just be yourself." The angel replied. "I must go now. He will waken soon." The angel said as she became once again light and departed the room. The ice girl looked around, trying to figure out what everything was. She looked out the window and saw it snowing her ice blue eyes lit up and she went out into the snow to play.
"It's snowing!" she exclaimed as she threw open the door and ran outside. Her yells of delight awakened the man who was startled at someone being so near to his home. Rubbing his eyes, he looked around and noticed his statue was gone and the door was open. He quickly ran to the door and was suprised to see his little ice statue running around in the snow, tossing it up into the air. She stopped when she seen the artist.
"Hello Father! Isn't it lovely out here?" the girl said. The artist had no idea how to respond. It could not be possible that his statue was alive.
"I..I am not oyur father he said slowly" as he moved closer to the little ice girl.
"Of course you are, you made me. You carved me so lovingly out of ice. It looked so nice out here, I couldn't resist coming out to play. But seriously, you should give me a name, I can't be ice girl forever" she giggled at him.
"A A name? I dont know any" he said, coming out into the snow.
"Of course you know a name, just say it father. We can build ice castles and ice animals and mayeb I can have an ice brother.." the ice girl went on and on about the wonderful things they could do together.
"Celeste, your name shall be Celeste." the man said at last, tears coming to his eyes. He held out his hand and Celeste put her icy one in his, and he took her inside.
© Copyright 2006 Skyaire (chrysanthys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060283-The-Ice-Princess