*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1066647-One-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1066647
In my short story class we were given the beginning and end and had to fill in the middle.
One Night

Early that day the weather turned and the snow was melting into dirty water. Streaks of it ran down from the little shoulder-high window that faced the backyard. Cars slushed by on the street outside, where it was getting dark. But it was getting dark inside too.
A light could be seen through the front windows of the small house that sat in the middle of the block. The shouting that erupted from the quiet looking house was loud enough to cause passersby to stop and stare. The words being shouted weren’t loud enough to be heard or understood, but the emotion being conveyed was enough to send shivers down anyone’s spine. Luckily for the occupants of the house that no one dared to venture out on that particular night.

The shouting began to cease as a thin, small blonde girl came fumbling out of the front door of the small darkening house. She stumbled across the slush covered front lawn towards the luminous guiding light of the neighborhood streetlight. While leaning against the streetlight, with her head buried in her arms, a shadowy figure immerged into the light given off by the street lamp. A muscular, dark haired boy silently walked up to the girl and put his hands on her shoulders. The girl trembled in fear under his touch, not really caring who this stranger was but only that whoever it was would leave. Jerking his hands back in shock and fear, the boy looked sorrowfully at the girl.

“Amber,” he said in a whisper.

As the blonde girl slowly lifted her head from her arms her tearful, bright green eyes were brought into light. She turned around and hugged the brown headed boy, “Oh, Josh.” The boy embraced the girl during their hug. “We can’t keep it,” she croaked out.

“I know,” he answered in a barely auditable voice as she buried her tearful eyes deeper into his shoulder. His watery bright blue eyes showed hints of sadness in them.

He was just a young boy of sixteen, and she was merely an even younger girl of fifteen. Neither one was ready for something like this and they both knew it. It had been their first time. They didn’t think things like this could happen to them.

After a moment, the couple split from their hug. “Have you told anyone?” he asked, shifting uncomfortably, while blinking back his watery eyes.

“No one except my parents,” the girl responded. Her gaze kept shifting from the messy haired boy to the slush-covered pavement.

“Same here,” the teenage boy answered. He caught her gaze for a moment. She was sad, this he knew, but to see it in her eyes like that was so overwhelming.

“I’m sorry,” Josh said. He was sorry because he knew her parents weren’t letting her keep it. He knew they were putting her through a lot of pain by making her do this. Hell, he was feeling it as well.

“Me too,” she lightly replied.

Josh took hold of Amber’s hand. There was something about doing this that just didn’t feel right to either one of them. They didn’t want it to be like this but what choice did they have with their parents pushing against them. They had each other and that would be enough.

In this manner, the issue was decided.
© Copyright 2006 talk2thebecky (talk2thebecky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1066647-One-Night