*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081007-Letter-to-my-love
by Isis
Rated: ASR · Other · Romance/Love · #1081007
Poem/short story about love and losing love. But who is the lost love and how was it lost?
LETTER TO MY LOVE

I am still waiting for you, foolish as that may be. We haven’t seen each other for so long, I fear I will forget who you are. You are everywhere. An actor has your dark eyes, a stranger on the street has your warm smile. A salesman on the phone has your deep voice. I miss you.

I am still waiting for you. I reach for you in the middle of the night, but find you gone. Didn’t I feel the touch of your hands, your lips on my skin? Didn’t I hear you whispering in my ear that you would never leave me? You held me so tight sometimes I thought my bones would break. And now I just feel cold. This loneliness is breaking me.

I am still waiting for you. I shouldn’t be alone. Don’t ask me how, but I know. We should have children and a house together, but I live alone. I see couples in the street who look like we must have looked when we were together. Arms wrapped around each other. It hurts me to see them, thinking of my empty embrace and my cold bed.

I am still waiting for you. I search my house for you, but I can’t find a trace of your existence. Your picture, your clothes gone without a trace and no clue of where you went. I died in the night and woke up in someone else’s life. Someone who doesn’t know you. My tears for you burn my skin.

I am so tired of waiting for you. When will we be together again, in this life or the next? I hope it’s soon, all these lives alone have made me miss you. I hope you find me again soon, before you forget who I am.
© Copyright 2006 Isis (isiscrazycat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081007-Letter-to-my-love