*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085161-Moonlit-Dace
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Hope
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1085161
The begining of the story (part 1)
A soft wind blew through the bare trees which seemed to make the whole world shiver and moan. The old moon blinked a few times through the black clouds before settleing its sight on a small pond.
The pond's suface danced gentely in the silver light, ommiting a near perfect reflection of the world around it. Night birds and evening frogs hummed back and forth to eachother, seranading all those who were blessed, or cursed, enough to be awake at such a late hour.


Gavin brushed a stray peice of his black hair from his eyes. Eyes so blue and clear they rivaled the most perfect diamond. The boy sat facing the shallow pond, resting his back against the strong trunk of a willow along its edge. He wore a black school uniform, and black shoes, if it weren't for his white skin, which seemed to glow, he would of been near impossible to see.


Off to the right of the boy what seemed to be fireflies, but could have easily been something much more enchanting, danced in and out of the tall grasses of the nearby feild. Gavin let out a sigh, as he glanced down at his watch. "Where are you?" He whispered to himself, "it is getting so late." He groaned as he let his head fall against the tree.


Across the way the bushes rattled softly, drawing his eyes up. "Bri?" Gavin stood in one fluid, graceful movement. "Bri, is that you?" he walked forward until the tip of his right shoe was on the edge of the water. Somewhere on the other side of him a frog let out an aggravated gulp, before jummping head long into the frigid water. The bushes rattled again, loudly this time, and a small girl emerged from the roughage.


She stopped and looked over at him, squinting a bit to try and make out details. "Yes it's me." She started unwinding branches and leaves from her long red hair. "Were you expecting someone else?"
When the foliage was sucsefuly dislodged from her locks, she proceeded to brush the dirt from her long white gown.


"No," Gavin sat back down, "I just wasn't expecting to have to wait this long." He watched her closely as she made her way around the pond. A half smile played at his lips as he saw her trip over the mudd covered branches. Though his smile was harsh, his eyes, which were hidden by the shadow of his hair, were soft, and caring.


"OW!" Bri huffed as she fell to her knees in the mud. "Oh, ewww..." She looked down at herself. Gavin laughed softly, staying seated comfortably where he was. "Oh what a gentalman, please sir DON'T get up or anything, I will be ok." Bri groweld as she pushed herself up. She slouched a little when she saw that she had two almost perfect circles of mud on her pretty white dress where her knees had made contact with the hard ground.


"Oh you're fine." Gavin smiled. He looked up at her as she stood over him. "Look, it's just a little dirt, it's not like you got hurt or anything." Bri's eyes got wide and brimmed with tears. She bit her lip firmly to stop it from quivering. The boy stood, and was easily five inches taller than her. He smiled an obnoxious smile, looking down his nose at her.


"Oh you are so mea...." His lips pressed firmly against hers before she could get the last sylabol out. She quickly relaxed and leaned into the kiss. His lips were soft despite the force he was kissing her with. Her cheeks flushed and her face grew warm.


Gavin slowly pulled away, the same mischovious half smile playing at his lips. "I missed you."

© Copyright 2006 Hope (onebloodynight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085161-Moonlit-Dace